Sidelights fallen out!!!!

Nilz

Defo worth the wait :)
Reaction score
So one of my sidelights decided to stop working yesterday and as I went to pull it out, it unclipped and fell into the headlight section.

Is there a quick and easy way of getting this out??

Cheers
Nilz

I had this recently when an LED sidelight bulb fell in mine.. I removed the main beam bulb and used a bit of blu-tac on the end of a long cable tie to poke through and grab the bulb...

Use a little bit of tape around the top part of the blu-tac to help secure it to the cable tie and stop it falling into the light as well... helps if the blu-tac is warmed a bit as its 'tackier'

<tuffty/>

Reactions: Nilz
Had this happen too, buy one of them magnetic pen things and it should pick it up

I was going to try the tape on the end of a cable tie thing, but then had a panic and thought thats going to get stuck in there as well.

I will give it a go when I get a chance :)

Ive still got one of my friends prozi drive pieces in the back of the headlight, its not going anywhere, but its not comming out either ! lol, good luck with the bulb, good idea tufty, and Tesco sell them magnetic tools, (rolson) in the big'ish stores

I was going to try the tape on the end of a cable tie thing, but then had a panic and thought thats going to get stuck in there as well.

I will give it a go when I get a chance :)

If you make the blu-tac tear drop shaped and secure it to a good lenght of the cable tie rather than blob it on the end it should hold on fine

<tuffty/>

Cheers Paul, will probably try it on the weekend....only thing is I have changed the LED and its a slightly different shade, so im concerned if i try to change them again they will ****** fall in!!!

Powerful vacume cleaner over the main beam bulb hole might work.

Hello stranger!!!

@Speedy Steve, i may take your dice idea for inspiration....lol!!

Reactions: Speedy Steve