Sidelight problem?

kmx_200

A3 8V Chassis
Reaction score
I have a A3 with the Xenon head lights. Message appeared on the dash yesterday "vehicle light malfunction" all lights look OK inside and outside of car. I'm thinking it could be the front side lights. Does the A3 8V chassis have side lights and where are the bulbs located? When I turn the sidelight option on , the daytime running lights dim. But can't see any additional bulbs coming on. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

Thanks for the quick reply. If this is the case all of my lights seam to be working correctly . But still have the warning message.

Check the lights for the rear reg plate and cornering lights if xenon plus

Check the lights for the rear reg plate and cornering lights if xenon plus

Checked the reg lights last night and they were ok. ( don't have the Xenon plus) thanks for the suggestions.

Check with VCDS for errors. I have been told Audi can anticipate failures for lights.

Check with VCDS for errors. I have been told Audi can anticipate failures for lights.

I have booked the car into the dealer for them to check. It's still under warranty so it should be covered. 1 more question then.. Any ideas on where I can buy one of the circular covers that cover the headlight bulb (under bonnet)? When trying to locate the sidelights this cover fell into the engine bay and I can't retrieve :-(

I have booked the car into the dealer for them to check. It's still under warranty so it should be covered. 1 more question then.. Any ideas on where I can buy one of the circular covers that cover the headlight bulb (under bonnet)? When trying to locate the sidelights this cover fell into the engine bay and I can't retrieve :-(
From an Audi dealer! - parts department should be able to order one.

Wow, do you think it is so clever it can anticipate the lottery numbers?
Have been told that Hen the loghts are off there is a low voltage sent to the lamps and a mesure of the resistance of the lamp. Just before failure the value changes...

Just an update , to close the thread. Took the Car to the dealer so they could sort it out. Dealer couldn't find the reason for the warning message either. There was a software update available for the car so they updated this and warning message has gone.