1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Sidelight bulb fell into headlight :(

Fabian808 Aug 1, 2014

1. Fabian808

Fabian808 Looking for parts :P

One of the sidelight bulbs on my S3 went the other day so I bought a new set off the web. Fitted them earlier and one didn't work, so I pulled it out to check connection when the ****** thing fell into the headlight :mad: does the front bumper have to come off to get the headlight out? And is it a mare of a job?

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. jamiebennett81

jamiebennett81 Registered User

same happened to my leon cupra

i got a screw driver and bent the tip of it so it worked as a hook, not sure if that would work for you though

4. Jay A3

Jay A3 #because Racecar

The light can come out without bumper off, but can be very tricky to get back in. Not a complete bumper off job. Just the 4 plastic screws at the top of the bumper and the 3 by the front tyre (same side as the light that needs removing). The corner of the bumper that sits under the wing, pull it out wards as it hooks onto a plastic guide. Should give you enough room to remove headlight

5. david7m

david7m Registered User

Extendable magnetized thing from poundland.......£1 ;)
    Dave

6. Fabian808

Thanks guys :) I am actually debating removing the high beam bulb, parking the car one side on a curb so that the bulb rolls to the fat side and then putting a Hoover up to where the high beam bulb was. Failing that I will try a magnet pen! Really don't fancy removing the headlight as I don't have access to a garage at the moment.

7. Jay A3

Jay A3 #because Racecar

5minute job with bumper a jarred ;) don't even need a garage

8. Tooks

Tooks Registered User

I used a flexible wooden kebab skewer with a bit of double sided tape flapping around on the end.

I got the dead spiders out whilst I was in there too!

Nilz likes this.
  9. Fabian808

Tooks I have heard this one from someone else too, stiff straw with strong tape. I'll give that a go tonight!

10. mark_S3

mark_S3 Team Silver

I second this too....

Used this method myself.

11. Fabian808

Jobs a goodun! A good strong straw and black nasty it came out in less than 30 seconds :) saved me a lot of time lol. Thanks everyone :)

Nilz likes this.