Side mirror heating

setdet

Reaction score
So the side mirror adjustment joystick has a position that looks like it's for hearing the mirrors. Do I need to do anything else other than position it to the icon ? The mirrors are not hearing up?
I've no idea how to diagnose or where to start, help.

Put it to 12oclock position usually, turn on rear demister & see if mirrors warm up, if not then best to check the wires & glass are installed for heated.

I am guessing its a common fault. I have the same issue, select the position but the side mirrors do not heat on either side, says on the the dashboard though that it is activated but obviously isn't working.

weird that both sides have stopped working, so both mirrors/connectors are damaged at the same time?

i have removed them and checked to see if connectors were on properly which they were and still same issue.

audi problems
my vw golf mk5 never had this issue

So the side mirror adjustment joystick has a position that looks like it's for hearing the mirrors. Do I need to do anything else other than position it to the icon ? The mirrors are not hearing up?
I've no idea how to diagnose or where to start, help.
Yes that's all you need to do to select mirror heating. They don't heat up otherwise I don't think. If that doesn't work then there must be a fault on the circuit. Don't leave it in that position though. I always move it to the left mirror so that the mirror tilts down when reversing.

12o'clock?
The heating icon is at 6o'clock

I don't get any indication on the dash that the mirror heaters are on. The right one is hearing, but not the left.

12o'clock?
The heating icon is at 6o'clock

I don't get any indication on the dash that the mirror heaters are on. The right one is hearing, but not the left.
I've got the same on my 2018 B9 A4; next time I am at the garage I'll get them to look at it. One working, one not working.
In a lot of Audis, including my last A3, just leaving it at 12 oclock was the setting. That stumped me for the first few times I used my A4, until I read the manual and noted the 6 o'clock setting.

I've got the same on my 2018 B9 A4; next time I am at the garage I'll get them to look at it. One working, one not working.
In a lot of Audis, including my last A3, just leaving it at 12 oclock was the setting. That stumped me for the first few times I used my A4, until I read the manual and noted the 6 o'clock setting.
I’ve got this exact same issue! Driver not working, but passenger side is.
I’ve had it all apart, can’t see issues with wiring or the mirror glass. Replaced the glass with no luck.
I can see the led light on the driver handle not working either, so I think I have a failure in the control module. Might replace that and see how it goes. Unless you’ve been sorted and can tell me it’s something simple!

Guys
What are these 'led light' and 'dash indication' you're referring to? I don't get anything. What are these indications, where, and what do they look like pics pls

Recently got a A3 sport back 2.0 , passenger side wouldn’t work , replaced the glass on the mirror now works fine , the heating element can go in the glass , mine didn’t show any dash faults . Think leaving them on heat setting all the time is something you should not do as it’s fry’s and over heats the element in the glass .

Hello, I have a 21 plate B9 and when I turn the mirror knob to 4 oclock, both mirrors demist. Hope that helps.