Side lights.

Pro-cookie

Reaction score
hi guys, I recently changed my side lights to some nice led jobs and they were pretty decent until they stopped working only a couple of months after fitting them.
Are my other lights work as they should apart from the sides, so my question is are they on a fuse with something else? Or is it pure chance they’ve both blown at the same time? I don’t fancy just replacing them again with standard bulbs as they were as fiddly as hell to do the first time around lol, I don’t know if it’s just my big hands or if others have found them just as fiddly? I’m hoping it’s just a fuse lol.

Chances are the led’s Have ****** themselves mate. They are fused, it’s the two 7.5A fuses closest to you in the end of the dash, on the same row as two 10A also for headlights. Just chuck another set of 501’s in.

Thanks mate, yeah I just chucked some normal ones in there. I don’t understand what happened to the leds though as it turns out the only thing in the holder was the board on both sides lol. It didn’t throw the warning up to show a bulb out and the led part I’m assuming has melted as it’s not even floating about in the light unit. They were big long ones as well super bright compared to standard.

Yeah there’s no bulb warning on the sidelight and number plate lights on the b5..or the PFL at least...
COB style LED’s... the flat ones like the ones in the picture...are pretty prone to an early death. They get pretty hot and start to flicker first. Then die.. better getting the multiple SMD’s encased in aluminum...

Attachments

• 54DF2ABF-4187-4C63-83B9-6643B3CF12F0.png
    54DF2ABF-4187-4C63-83B9-6643B3CF12F0.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 161
These are serious quality and lifetime .

A light diffuser and a ceramic body .

71gI5Mk2UzL._SY879_.jpg

Ooooh i might have to try those phillips ones out! Thanks for that guys.