Side light bulbs

Chappers

Slowly moving forward!
Reaction score
Hi all,

this is going to sound really stupid but how do I get the side light bulbs out? twist? pull? Grrrrrrrr!

Chappers

That is exactly the right way to do it. Get two fingers in find the cord connected to the bulb and pull. And kinda the same when putting your new ones in. Tricky but it wasn't as bad as some have made out.

Thanks guys, a bit of twisting, pulling and Grrrring later and the bulbs are finally replaced with the bluevision ultra sidelight bulbs (with the headlight bulbs obviously). Now just waiting for it to get dark so I can see the difference!!!

Chappers

Don't get ma started on bulbs...
Just hope you don't have to replace a rear numberplate bulb.
****** nightmare !
The screw holding the little plastic lens is heavily angled towards the car body.
I've got a fair old collection of screwdrivers,but none were good enough.
No doubt,there's a special tool....

Its not as hard as it seems, just get nose pin plyers and pull em out, them just put em back in with ur fingers.

On the same subject what fitting type are the side lights and what bulbs would go best with my bi-xenons. Too much yellow and blue going on right now... need to sort that out.

Thx.

I have bluevision ultra sidelight bulbs in mine and I don't rate them. They still are no where near as white/Blue as my Xenons.

wilko said:
I have bluevision ultra sidelight bulbs in mine and I don't rate them. They still are no where near as white/Blue as my Xenons.
Same here. Strangely, they look okay when switched on and the Xenons are off, but it's true they're not exactly the same. Still, for £3 I paid on eBay, it'll do!