Side light bulbs?

ayfreetee

Reaction score
Silly question, but it save me digging outy owners manual, which side light bulbs will my 2002 S3 have, are they 501, or BA9S, I need to get some white led's to match the headlights, any recommendations would be good too thanks.

501 mate, Speek to trups on here they are very good. I got sidelights and 6000k dipped bulbs of him.

501 is what you need and as already mentioned if you speak to @t8ups he should be able to sort you out.

501 capless (the smd led's are good) either 9smd or 6smd do the job (the '9' just being more of them) also double check weather you need ''error free'' or not, in my experience the single led 501'ns only point straight out and dont reflect around where they should, so i prefer the 9 smd led 501 type

I got some led ones from led direct and they're really good. As mentioned they're 501 wedge.

501 capless (the smd led's are good) either 9smd or 6smd do the job (the '9' just being more of them) also double check weather you need ''error free'' or not, in my experience the single led 501'ns only point straight out and dont reflect around where they should, so i prefer the 9 smd led 501 type

Don't suppose you have a picture of the 9smd's in action do you buddy ?

Don't suppose you have a picture of the 9smd's in action do you buddy ?

This is quoted from page 2 of my thread (sorry the pic is just facing car & not facing out from a drivers point) but they are fine anyway, The only thing i can say about the led's is it seems pot luck in getting ones with decent contacts, some of the ones ive had come loose over time (bumps etc) causing to flicker or not work, but the current ones are fine,

After seing the ''pul'' (partsulike) advert in the back of the new Audi Tuner magazine, I purchased a set of L.E.D bulbs for the Audi A3 1.8t sport 1998, There was a teething issue with stock, but after a few nice Emails they sorted me out with a set, I would recommend them,

They were –

front sidelights - 2x 9 smd led t10 w5w 501 194 xenon white capless

interior front left & right - 2x 5 SMD LED XENON WHITE 233 T4W BA9S BAYONET

interior front middle - 1x festoon 31mm / 32mm XENON WHITE 4 SMD LED

interior rear - 1x festoon 6 smd 39

numberplate - 2x Festoon 6 smd 39

Note that other models/ years may have slightly different bulbs or need canbus error free, best to check

Before and after from standard halogen sidelight bulb to smd led bulb, shows a bit 'bluey' on camera but is white to the eye

View attachment 49767

You wont need error free for the 8L model as you do not get a signal on the dash to advise if your side lights are working or not.

There is a bulb out warning on the facelift model, I have had a warning on mine before.

Ive never had one for the sidelights at the front on my facelift.

Oh I see, no my warning I had was for headlight, not side, I assumed the sides would throw up a warning, but you say it doesn't.

Led's fitted today, I Baught the new heat sink type from eBay, they match the headlights really well.

I went for LED sidelights and 6000k ds2 bulbs. Really refreshes the look of the car and I would recommend that to anybody.