Showing Your Registration Plate in Photos Online...

MikhailCompo

Reaction score
Is there any reason not to?

Can anyone determine the address of keeper from the reg? (except plod obvs).

Car cloning

Reactions: MikhailCompo and DieselJake
Car cloning and people in the know being able to find the registered address plus more.

As so many registrations are available for them to reference guess it's mostly likely if it's top result (so would say unlikely), certainly best to keep it shown once selling though else people will think you've got something to hide plus won't be able to get an insurance quote.

Reactions: MikhailCompo
My argument is that you drive in public don't you ? so more people see it then and what if someone takes a photo of your car presuming its a nice one ?
I think you have to have some (illegal) tools at your disposal to get an address off a car plate.

If posting online, an interesting plate it tends to stick in the mind and with social media and the like it could be quite easy, for those who wish, to find out a lot of details and track down the area the vehicle belongs to. I've seen on ASN some members list their post code as their location. Not a smart move imho.

My argument is that you drive in public don't you ? so more people see it then and what if someone takes a photo of your car presuming its a nice one ?
I think you have to have some (illegal) tools at your disposal to get an address off a car plate.
Google search the car you want to clone and up pops images of the same car some with plates blurred and others without. A lot easier than wandering the streets looking for one particular car.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: JohnM100
A lot easier than wandering the streets looking for one particular car.

TX.
Don't have to do that my mates car was cloned and it wasn't even the same make and he doesn't frequent forums/social media whoring of his car

Don't have to do that my mates car was cloned and it wasn't even the same make and he doesn't frequent forums/social media whoring of his car
True but a "proper job" is so easy now via Google search, same make / model / plate within minutes.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk