Facelift Show us your wheels!

RSS-S3

Reaction score
What are the standard S3 wheels called ?

Ive been thinking of having mine sprayed black when my S3 arrives...

Anyone else with black wheels ? Or any other color for that fact?

The standard wheels look aweful painted black as do the 19" wing arm alloys

I may go porsche gts wheel silver yet :)

Reactions: Jassyo06
I may go porsche gts wheel silver yet :)

To be honest the standard alloys painted high gloss black look great as long as you keep the diamond cut finish intact

Reactions: Rob2k68 and RSS-S3
To be honest the standard alloys painted high gloss black look great as long as you keep the diamond cut finish intact

Yes thats what i may do! ..... just thinking of how the grey contrasts with vegas yellow

Reactions: Rob2k68
That was the fastest turnaround I've ever seen from @jassyo06

Standard S3 in black looks awful

Standard wheels in black look great.
IMG 1013

Reactions: batch, Jassyo06, Rob2k68 and 2 others
Yes thats what i may do! ..... just thinking of how the grey contrasts with vegas yellow
Black rotors on RS3 look good

Attachments

• vegas.jpg
    vegas.jpg
    311.1 KB · Views: 462
Reactions: RSS-S3, Jassyo06, Rob2k68 and 1 other person
That was the fastest turnaround I've ever seen from @jassyo06

Standard S3 in black looks awful

Standard wheels in black look great.
View attachment 109436
With the diamond cut sections left intact though it probably would look ok. It's just swapping the grey paint for black.

All black wheels though? I've never understood this trend. At best it looks like the worst kind of aftermarket multi-fit cast rimz have been added. The rest look like taxis whose wheeltrims have fallen off. I'd avoid, or go for a dark titanium grey

Reactions: batch, Jassyo06, Rob2k68 and 1 other person
Reactions: AudiNutta, batch, pburv and 5 others
I went from a MK5 GTI to a MK6 GTI and the Monza Alloys went from a grey interior to a black interior.
The black looked much better and generated more favourable comments especially against a red car.

Would be interested to see the S3 alloys painted black with the diamond cut sections left.

IMG 0647
Standard 18" S3 wheels powder coated satin black. My Car is a prefacelift glacier white black edition. Hope this helps!

Reactions: Daytonapig and Rob2k68
Reactions: 24styles, Simon L, batch and 2 others
View attachment 109479 Standard 18" S3 wheels powder coated satin black. My Car is a prefacelift glacier white black edition. Hope this helps!

Lovely car, but sorry mate there is no such thing as a black edition pre facelift IIRC (someone correct me here but I never saw a black edition on the configurator).

Just because you spec'd black optic pack doesn't mean its a black edition. I've the same car - in Sepang, black optics, mine isn't a black edition.

Black wheels IMO are nasty. What is wrong with the standard finish? Messing with a car for the sake of it if you ask me.

G

Reactions: pburv, Jassyo06 and Simon L
Lovely car, but sorry mate there is no such thing as a black edition pre facelift IIRC (someone correct me here but I never saw a black edition on the configurator).

Just because you spec'd black optic pack doesn't mean its a black edition. I've the same car - in Sepang, black optics, mine isn't a black edition.

Black wheels IMO are nasty. What is wrong with the standard finish? Messing with a car for the sake of it if you ask me.

G

Yer running the tightrope there mate...................some of our younger members will be calling you an old fart or worse............:whistle2:

.........one particularly uncouth yobbo once told me to 'F**k off Grandad' lol (I couldn't sleep for days with the shame of it)

Reactions: Daytonapig, pburv, Jassyo06 and 2 others
LOL mate. I think I'm getting to the tipping point now. 40 Years Old and looking at cars thinking wtf have they done to that.

Perhaps I need some just for men, a beard & Hair dye, some foundation makeup and rewind on the attitude. (Isn't this how all young men are these days?)

G

Reactions: pburv, Jassyo06, Rob2k68 and 1 other person
LOL mate. I think I'm getting to the tipping point now. 40 Years Old and looking at cars thinking wtf have they done to that.

Perhaps I need some just for men, a beard & Hair dye, some foundation makeup and rewind on the attitude. (Isn't this how all young men are these days?)

G

Oh blimey mate, yer definitely on the slippery slope downhill there...............you'll be moaning at everything, saying they never did that in my day and god knows what else..............basically everything yer old man used to say that you promised you'd never do!! lol

....definitely develop superior taste as the years go by though.......:whistle2:

Reactions: pburv, Mr.G, Jassyo06 and 2 others

G

Yes, they do, but I find great difficulty using the term 'man' on anything wearing skintight trousers, winklepicker shoes and an 'ironic' beard, when so many other epithets seem to better suit them.

Reactions: pburv, Mr.G, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
Yes, they do, but I find great difficulty using the term 'man' on anything wearing skintight trousers, winklepicker shoes and an 'ironic' beard, when so many other epithets seem to better suit them.

lol.........

67044_1.jpg

Reactions: pburv, richinsoton, Rob2k68 and 3 others
The epitome of today's youth right there...

Glad I am not the only one feeling the way I do about it hahahaha

Reactions: pburv, Rob2k68, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
HES GOT LIPS GLOSS ON!!! WTF....I'm definately glad i'm not young anymore, I ain't wearing no lip gloss.

Reactions: Daytonapig, pburv, Rob2k68 and 3 others
HES GOT LIPS GLOSS ON!!! WTF....I'm definately glad i'm not young anymore, I ain't wearing no lip gloss.

Don't knock it til you try it.........big boy ;)

Reactions: Jassyo06, pburv, Ozmosis and 2 others

G

Apologies, I didn't memorise the Configurator. It's black pack, black interior, black trim, black windows, I can go on......

Thanks for your opinion, it's noted. Changed the wheels as the standard finish and selection available is poor to say the least. Diamond cut is tacky (in my opinion), and having seen the white worm sagas from mk5 GTi days I'd never have them. At the same time I wasn't prepared to spend big sums of cash on aftermarket wheels unless I was going to drop the car, which isn't really an option for a daily on British roads!

I certainly wouldn't say that I have messed with a car for the sake of it. I was trying to offer experience to the OP however this seems have become a standard "sepang sheep" - "Dinna touch it it's an Audi s car!" Style thread.

*casts hook out onto the water......*

Reactions: Mr.G
Apologies, I didn't memorise the Configurator. It's black pack, black interior, black trim, black windows, I can go on......

Thanks for your opinion, it's noted. Changed the wheels as the standard finish and selection available is poor to say the least. Diamond cut is tacky (in my opinion), and having seen the white worm sagas from mk5 GTi days I'd never have them. At the same time I wasn't prepared to spend big sums of cash on aftermarket wheels unless I was going to drop the car, which isn't really an option for a daily on British roads!

I certainly wouldn't say that I have messed with a car for the sake of it. I was trying to offer experience to the OP however this seems have become a standard "sepang sheep" - "Dinna touch it it's an Audi s car!" Style thread.

'White worm saga'.......what the friggin ell is that?? They're not as big as this are they...................?? :scared2:

9b9f96ddb18e66fa988f4c7073573482.jpg

Reactions: Rob2k68, Jassyo06, pburv and 1 other person

Didn't mean to offend, but reading my post back, I can see how it might have. Apologies if you were offended.

I love the 3 door S3, the wheels as standard I think are really really nice, that grey and polished look is something different. I see why you've chosen black but I just think they never look clean when painted black. Perhaps it's my age, I've gone through the modified look time and time again with S3's and MKII Golf GtI's/G60's, I just choose to leave mine as is. It's nice enough.

You could say I'm a Sepang Sheep, but then there aren't as many 3 Doors out there, so not truely following the crowd. I get ya point though.

By white worm i'm assuming you are talking about aluminium corrosion under the clear coat applied to the diamond turned section of the wheel? I've had my car a Year, and i've never had any issues. Then again I've not curbed or marked any wheel so far, so am bound not to have the white worm syndrome.

G

Reactions: Rob2k68, Jassyo06, pburv and 3 others

I was trying to offer experience to the OP however this seems have become a standard "sepang sheep" - "Dinna touch it it's an Audi s car!" Style thread.

*ignores measly bait offering, goes away for a nap, leaving only my favoured black edition for your edification*
IMG 4289

Last edited:
Reactions: Rob2k68, Jassyo06, Ozmosis and 4 others
So we can call the white worm wheel problem muad'dib syndrome. Sounds good to me.

You can call it whatever you like mate but there's certainly no corrosive whatjameflips on my minty diamondoes!! lol

Reactions: Rob2k68, Scottyg, Jassyo06 and 2 others
afbe773309c7.JPG

Fablass Car. Sepang Blue, black wheels, what more can you really need?

It's even got those headrests that you can fit you head into. Mazin if you ask me.

G

G

Reactions: jungle650, Rob2k68, Daytonapig and 4 others
afbe773309c7.JPG

It's even got those headrests that you can fit you head into. Mazin if you ask me.

G

G

Bleedin head turner that one........love how he made such good use of the left over garage door paint.. lol

Reactions: Rob2k68, Scottyg, Jassyo06 and 3 others
LOL and the bin while he's at it.

Reactions: Rob2k68, Scottyg, Jassyo06 and 3 others
afbe773309c7.JPG

G

G

At least he took the rear seats out on preparation for the engine placement....

This must be the 4FKD2 version...

Reactions: Rob2k68, Mr.G, Simon L and 1 other person