Show us your stance.

IMG_1236.jpg

IMG_1307.jpg

Setup is AP Coilovers all round (Rear Adjusters removed), Forge Adjustable Rear Tie Bars and Forge 16mm Rear and 10mm Front Spacers

I'm very happy with the setup - handles stupidly well, and, after a fair bit of work and adjustment, finally sits exactly how I wanted it to.

Lovely! This looks exactly how I'd want mine to look :)

A few people on here knocking ED30. Yeah there are some nasty things on it, but there are also some fantastic build threads on it, particularly engine stuff. I usually end up on the classifieds though, dreaming about getting a clean lookin mk1 or mk2 Golf with engine swaps as a replacement for the S3 lol

Lovely! This looks exactly how I'd want mine to look :)

Thanks man :happy: it took a lot of tweaking to get it to the height I wanted, especially to keep it performing well at the same time, but really happy with the end result.

A few people on here knocking ED30. Yeah there are some nasty things on it, but there are also some fantastic build threads on it, particularly engine stuff. I usually end up on the classifieds though, dreaming about getting a clean lookin mk1 or mk2 Golf with engine swaps as a replacement for the S3 lol

Got to agree with you on this one, there's some serious, serious builds on that site...

AJD S3, your car sits perfectly.
im on AP coilovers too but havent removed the adjuster on the rear yet. having seen yours, i need to!

with cars, and most things, i just hate trends and these people that feel the need to follow them to be 'cool' and in with the crowd.
a show winning car should be different, not conform to the scene.
i appreciate any car thats different.

AJD S3, your car sits perfectly.
im on AP coilovers too but havent removed the adjuster on the rear yet. having seen yours, i need to!

Thanks superkarl :happy: Takes me back to our discussions about the AP Coilovers in that thread a while back!

It's definitely worth removing the adjusters for the end result you achieve. To be completely honest, in order to get it as low as it sits now, I haven't just removed the spring adjuster - I've removed the adjuster ring itself, the threaded cup for the adjuster (black part above the adjuster ring), and the cushioning rubber disc above that.

with cars, and most things, i just hate trends and these people that feel the need to follow them to be 'cool' and in with the crowd.
a show winning car should be different, not conform to the scene.
i appreciate any car thats different.

Massive thumbs up to this... :thumbsup:

Wow I seemed to have opened a can of worms here by using the word "stance" lol.

The reason for me starting this thread was to get an idea of what spacers I would need for my own car by you guys posting pics up of your cars as I have already said.

Thing is I thought cars with lowered suspention and the wheels spaced out is what the word "stance" was referring too, am I wrong then?

If so somebody correct me to what it actually means :) Is the word used just for show cars or what?

No need for any of this bitterness going on so please chill guys, as has been said by others were all here for the love of our Audi's whatever style we choose.

some nice cars here.
guard sitting b/n tyre and rim, everyone knows that's just for photos! you might as well just use photoshop, you'll never drive around like that, i guess that's why everyone is on bags these days
anyway here is my "semi" stanced car

a3oz-1.jpg

Here's my beasty on my old 17" Avus wheels. (Bilstein B8's and H&R springs)

Made for a entertaining journey back from the outlaws house in North Wales in that snow!

silverfox2010.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

the colour looks absolutely perfect in that picture. dam good picture! nice

Thanks Karl, it was taken on a basic digital camera and just got really lucky with the natural light, shame about the Land Rover thou!

I love your car Minty! God I need to get my other wheels sorted out!

Nice! Wanting to get mine sitting something like this once I've refurbed my RSTTs. What's your shocks/springs/coils/spacers setup?

Im sure he's running B8's with H&R springs and something like 10mm front spacers and 15mm rears

Reactions: Keefy
are all you guys that have lowered your cars running adjustable rear tie bars ect?

edited ;)

Last edited:

see now id call that "stance" its not all about being on the deck, to me..

any way whats all this function over form stuff still going on for?

here's function over form and function over the fact that i no longer have to hold my breath and hope not to smash my sump off over any thing but a smooth road, lets be honest how many of you actually track your cars?? very few im guessing and the roads these days are pants so are 90% of the people who use them so you can't get much of this function you have under your right foot to work to well any way.

function over form

allup.jpg

backdown.jpg

frontdown.jpg

alldown.jpg

:nyah:

Reactions: deeman88
see now id call that "stance" its not all about being on the deck, to me..

any way whats all this function over form stuff still going on for?

here's function over form and function over the fact that i no longer have to hold my breath and hope not to smash my sump off over any thing but a smooth road, lets be honest how many of you actually track your cars?? very few im guessing and the roads these days are pants so are 90% of the people who use them so you can't get much of this function you have under your right foot to work to well any way.

function over form

allup.jpg

backdown.jpg

frontdown.jpg

alldown.jpg

:nyah:

Very nice mate.....love it although not what I'd do but it's what you like that counts and belongs it puts a smile on your face that's all that matters ;)

Stance smance lol

I must admit, the thought that you can just pump it up and go down a country lane without worrying is pretty cool.

Here's a question for you Kev, what kind of height do you actually drive the car around at?

Praps not for sam,just noticed he is on the other side of the world.

I thought you were going hybridized?...:)
Yes i am,everything fitted,then i lost my job so,before spending more money on remap mayby clutch,need to get prioritys straight and pay for bill's ect,soon though itl be done,the heat sheilds all fitted now as wel,life is a *****,nice week to have of work though.

I must admit, the thought that you can just pump it up and go down a country lane without worrying is pretty cool.

Here's a question for you Kev, what kind of height do you actually drive the car around at?

My setup actually makes me have to ride quite high tbh, otherwise the car would be even lower when put right down. But I run it about 1 1/2 inches from the arch to top of tyre. I run it at 50psi in the front and rear bags which is a little low pressure wise but its quite comfy but the more psi the firmer the ride.

That car is'nt mine (s3 dave),it's steve lockleys known on the show scean,got air ride,alot of money spent on it,thought it was relivant to say it is for sale on this thread stance (show stance) ect ect,and air.

That car is'nt mine (s3 dave),it's steve lockleys known on the show scean,got air ride,alot of money spent on it,thought it was relivant to say it is for sale on this thread stance (show stance) ect ect,and air.
Ahh sorry...i thought it was a bit odd...****** yellow cars look all alike....:)

Ahh sorry...i thought it was a bit odd...****** yellow cars look all alike....:)
Lol,im the oem + one.silver ones are quick,yellow ones are low.il leave it at that,enough arguing for one thread,blimmy.

What about Bumble though? Bumble isn't that low, but at 446bhp, it's reasonably nippy!
I was thinking that,and the 650bhp storm yellow one,on avarage silver for the win power wise,even in bristol quickest s3 (silver),watch this space lol.