Show us your Engine bays!

i dont add it up lol keeps me sane that way

and why go for something everyones got i like to be a bit different lol

plus my age doesnt warrent me able to get insured on r32 im only just 22

ah see what ya saying, although you have tried to go for the R32 look and almost pulled it off...... that isnt different? lol - good work though

i did that a fair time ago its going to change shortly just needed engine running mint first got few last things to do first

My bay thats in desprate need of a battery cover:)

P1000241.jpg

im going rccr i love those

i wanna know where everyone gets these chrome turbo pipes

jesus christ Jim, what DV is that?

it looks atmopsheric, but I'm sure I can see a MAF midway between your turbo and filter.

Don't most people who use atmosphs on BT installations ditch the MAF and run on map and TPS alone?

Basscrazy, we spoke when you first joined and I have to say i like the car even more now!!!

Jim, how long now????? ;)

where do you guys get the carbon covers from?
are they pricey?

I hope to upload some photos of mine later this evening.. Managed to fit my Forge TIP and DV at the weekend (Cheers for the helping hand, Tim!)

I hope to upload some photos of mine later this evening.. Managed to fit my Forge TIP and DV at the weekend (Cheers for the helping hand, Tim!)

how does the car feel now jimmeh any difference? did you fit it yourself?

Forge sell them, but they're f'in expensive and they never really fit properly. I powder coating the shiney bits on mine to remove the bling, but I wouldn't recomment buying one.

I agree chris, crap fit, costs the earth and mines gone a greeny colour cause of the heat

how does the car feel now jimmeh any difference? did you fit it yourself?

Without taking this post too far off topic, I'm pleased I've had it done. My intentions were good, I was going to fit it myself. However, lol, 1animal1 came over on Sunday to have a few areas look at on his car, so he gave a helping hand. and when i say a helping hand, I mean he did it all! It looked very straight forward though. No need to remove airbox. No need to get underneath the car.. One thing I am still hoping to do is to replace the Green spring in the DV. (need a yellow spring to match my REVO'd ECU, right?)

I've not really had chance to test it properly yet. I'm hoping to report the findings soon.. It does, for one thing, feel a lot sharper.

Watch this space.

Hmm that makes me think now weather it's worth buying one, my project for the summer was to have a nice chrome bay with the carbon engine cover, its definitly a bad fit then?

Jason

Engine bay as standard...

40f2ecf5.jpg

(excuse the water.. I'd just snow foamed the car)

and a work in progress with the new Forge TIP:

903752db.jpg

(afters to follow when i get round to taking more photos)

jimmeh your engine bay looks really tidy, nice one.

Has anyone had there boost pipe black?

plus is the TIP any good? any difference?

Ta. I try to keep on top of it.. a wipe down and a dressing maybe once every three weeks or so. Currently using Megs All Season Dressing, but prior to this, I used 303 aerospace (as seen on our supporters, Polished Bliss' website.

The TIP, I want to drive it for a few more days before I comment. There was no initial 'wow, awesome!'.. but after a big de-tour home tonight on some twisties it was much more noticable. Sharper, more responsive. I've gone and ordered the yellow spring for the DV too.. Fingers crossed eh!

Hmm that makes me think now weather it's worth buying one, my project for the summer was to have a nice chrome bay with the carbon engine cover, its definitly a bad fit then?

Jason

Why dont you make your summer project making the car faster?

LSD would certainly help.

Is it a good idea to have engine bay steam cleaned?????

Seen this ^^ monster in the flesh! GGRRRRR