Show us your brake callipers!

dave_tfsi

Reaction score
Different colours of brake callipers preferably on a silver A3. Thinking of which colour to do them. Cheers

Def not yellow & red is becoming all to common, how about black as per S3's, some have powder coated with great results

i agree dark grey or black on silver maybe with a four rings or sline detail on ??

quote=NHN;677655]Def not yellow & red is becoming all to common, how about black as per S3's, some have powder coated with great results[/quote]

i have the 345mm calipers on mine - i painted them black and didnt like it so i painted them red and still dont like them lol

Might paint them silver now or dark grey :S

Or the red might look better when i have 19s and my kit on :S

you brakes look great kaz i want em on mine ... gona try got some soon they look good in red though but would look good in grey to dark grey i think...

i have the 345mm calipers on mine - i painted them black and didnt like it so i painted them red and still dont like them lol

Might paint them silver now or dark grey :S

Or the red might look better when i have 19s and my kit on :S

Nice one matey

if my car was your colour - Id be tempted to spray them in the same colour (grey)

I did do mine black to matchthe car but the calipers were a diff kind of black to the car and it looked all wrong imo.

All well - I'll redo them in the summer with the new wheels on kit! lol

you brakes look great kaz i want em on mine ... gona try got some soon they look good in red though but would look good in grey to dark grey i think...

Is your car flat silver? If so i'd go for gunmetal grey personally.
Mine's avus silver and can look a dull titanium grey or a purple tint in some light so i wanted the calipers to lift the car, give it a sporty appearance and contrast with the paint. So i went for red. Yes, it's a common colour but the fact is if it looks good, it just does. Common or not.

It also matches with the red in the S-Line badges so continues the theme. Adds a nice touch i think. This is a quick snap of the rear caliper. It's taken at dusk so the red looks a lot brighter than it really is!
If you like i'll get a photo of the front calipers too.

DSC00335.jpg

what wheels you thinkin im soooooo stuck of what to get id love antherite bbs ch or ck but there to deer i think so maybe gone get reps im thinking 19 rs4s and dropped i no rs4s are common but there cheep a good looking wheel and when dropped to its gone look the dogs either them or team dynamics mesh iii or team dynamics savage there the 3 im stuck on ????

Nice one matey

if my car was your colour - Id be tempted to spray them in the same colour (grey)

I did do mine black to matchthe car but the calipers were a diff kind of black to the car and it looked all wrong imo.

All well - I'll redo them in the summer with the new wheels on kit! lol

Just sticking to the subject of the thread, i found a couple more pics floating about on my HD. Hope they help!

SP_A0683.jpg

SP_A0687.jpg

By the way... I used the Foliatec Rosso Red kit. You mix the colour and hardener, leave for 15 mins then paint on. Gives a rock hard, glossy finish. They do all the colours and it's easy to find online. Definitely the best product.

what wheels you thinkin im soooooo stuck of what to get id love antherite bbs ch or ck but there to deer i think so maybe gone get reps im thinking 19 rs4s and dropped i no rs4s are common but there cheep a good looking wheel and when dropped to its gone look the dogs either them or team dynamics mesh iii or team dynamics savage there the 3 im stuck on ????

I dont have a clue yet - probs stick with the Rs4s till summer but i was thinking the 5 spoke project kahns RSC2 in Black with a chrome lip or BBS CK or CKIIs or some Porsche Cargraphics (they cost 2k lol) but a dont know for now.

I like my Rs4s - i would have kept them if they were 19s..

Those Team Dynamics Mesh look good - look similar to the rivieras on ebay! They look sweet too! Not too sure about the savages tbh :S

kaz check these brembos on this rim awesome

http://www.nextautos.com/auto-news/sema-look-ma-no-spokes/

I dont have a clue yet - probs stick with the Rs4s till summer but i was thinking the 5 spoke project kahns RSC2 in Black with a chrome lip or BBS CK or CKIIs or some Porsche Cargraphics (they cost 2k lol) but a dont know for now.

I like my Rs4s - i would have kept them if they were 19s..

Those Team Dynamics Mesh look good - look similar to the rivieras on ebay! They look sweet too! Not too sure about the savages tbh :S

i no lava grey s3 sportback ottenger kit and that set up with the wheels and calipers omg your the king ....lol

**** me those wheels look the nuts.

And the brakes look awesomee too :p

cheers all for your replys. Any one got pic of grey or black on there car.

I have looked at those decals for the brakes havent seen the s line decals though. just the four circles

If you really want some decals i'd see if you can get some with just the 'S' symbol on them.

Like so:

e666_1.JPG