Show us your aux in ...

enc

Reaction score
I have the standard concert head unit and it's decent enough for my needs ... Apart from not having an aux in.
I've ordered the connects 2, a slim line 2 USB adaptor and a 32gb MP3 player which I'll fill with music and leave in the car ... Kind of like a mini juke box :grinning:

I'm fully aware the MP3 player can't be acessed from the steering wheel controls ...it'll be old school manual searching through for me :dizzy: This isn't really an issue as I'll just create playlist with hundreds of tracks and let them play through ...
What I would like is for this to be as discrete as possible with no cables on show ... Just wondered if any of you guys have a similar set up or any suggestions !?

Thanks in advance.

I ran my iPod connector from my RNS-E to the glove box in place of the cd changer and then ran the iPod lead under the trim of the centre console to underneath the armrest so I can plug my phone in to use Apple Music. This has worked out to be a pretty neat way of doing it and no real cables on show apart from the lead coming out next to the front seat Inbetween it and the armrest... Mine is an XcarlinkX I think... Can get pics if wanted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: enc
Yes Carlos that's kind of like what I'm aiming for ... Pics would be good. Did you have take any panels from the centre console or just tuck the cable in place ?

I had to take the glovebox off to get the cabling through... And then I just got an iPod extension cable and the converter to the new type of connector.

And sorry no I didn't remove anything but the glove box and managed to push the cabling under the central Tunnel if you will...

A few pictures, not the best but as good as I can do really. Hope it helps!

69b7bb7cf055a6ad9ef229ef4bc135a9.jpg
6ac17e280775564915c05d5640ca87c7.jpg
532dbf0fbdf6c69de6156c1460e19c31.jpg

Cheers for that Carlos :friendly wink:

You have the advantage of being able to control yours through the RNSE which I won't .. But it gives me an idea of where you run your charge cable ;-)
As I'll need to get to the iPod to select music I was thinking of stashing it in the cubby under the Heater controls And dropping the aux lead through a hole in the back of said cubby hole. Thus all cables should be hidden ...apart from Charge lead which I'll follow a similar route to whAt you have. Anyone know what acces is available through the cubby hole rear ?

It's easy to run a USB or ipod lead into the glovebox. You need to remove the glovebox, 1 x10mm socket required, there are 7 screws. Unclip the dash end panel (the plate behind the heater vent that faces the door) and you'll see one screw at 90deg. to the dash, not the the first one you see that seems obvious, it's the screw deeper inside the front edge of the dash. There 3 screws in the top front edge of the glovebox liner, one under the glovebox lamp and two underneath the dash just about where your knees would be if you are a passenger. Rest the glove box on the floor.
Take out the head unit and you'll see a large gap on the rear left hand side. feed through the cable, drill a hole near where you want to place your ipod/MP3 player but big enough for the plug to pass through and refit the glovebox. Result is no leads hanging about or visible. Make sure you buy the ipod lead that has the charging function, some don't.

It's easy to run a USB or ipod lead into the glovebox. You need to remove the glovebox, 1 x10mm socket required, there are 7 screws. Unclip the dash end panel (the plate behind the heater vent that faces the door) and you'll see one screw at 90deg. to the dash, not the the first one you see that seems obvious, it's the screw deeper inside the front edge of the dash. There 3 screws in the top front edge of the glovebox liner, one under the glovebox lamp and two underneath the dash just about where your knees would be if you are a passenger. Rest the glove box on the floor.
Take out the head unit and you'll see a large gap on the rear left hand side. feed through the cable, drill a hole near where you want to place your ipod/MP3 player but big enough for the plug to pass through and refit the glovebox. Result is no leads hanging about or visible. Make sure you buy the ipod lead that has the charging function, some don't.

Thanks for the detailed info dude ! I've decided for easy access the MP3 player will go in the "cubby hole" but your glove box removal guide will help with rectifying my glove box rattle :sunglasses:

So my bits and pieces have arrived ...

What I need to know is can I drill a hole at the rear of the cubby hole to pass through the audio cable (from connects 2 ) to the MP3 player ? Or, as I assume the back if the cubby hole full of heater gubbins ??

This is the cubby ....

There's just cabling under there for the heater and 12v. socket. Suggest you gingerly drill your hole and stop the drill bit stabbing through any wiring. With the Head unit out you should be able dangle you lead behind the heater unit and fish it out through your new hole. If you can't, the heater unit will have to come out.

There's just cabling under there for the heater and 12v. socket. Suggest you gingerly drill your hole and stop the drill bit stabbing through any wiring. With the Head unit out you should be able dangle you lead behind the heater unit and fish it ut.

cheers dude !

I have mine in the cubby, wiring running up behind the heater to the stereo, there's enough room, no drilling necessary, I'll get a pic tomorrow if I don't forget

I'm really, really good at forgetting :(

I have mine in the cubby, wiring running up behind the heater to the stereo, there's enough room, no drilling necessary, I'll get a pic tomorrow if I don't forget

Top man

Any pics mate ??

I have mine next to the traction button on the dash (spare blank) although its not designed for a aux as it can fall out, I leave my AUX in all the time :). Did need to buy a few diff aux cables, one with a mount and a lock on it to make it work.