Show me your tail pipes!

Jonahjones26

Reaction score
Guys I am looking to replace the pathetic looking tail pipes on my s line saloon.

could you please post pics and size of tail pipe please to help me with my decision.

thank you.

Not a great photo, but they're 3.5" MkI TT V6 tips. A bit bigger than standard giving more presence. It's a fine line between larger and Citroen Saxo and all down to opinion too. Good Luck!

photo2_zps4ab40821.jpg

Reactions: CHEZ
I fitted 4" tips (got from ebay) to the stock boxes as well as removing my centre resonator:

20121109_122536.jpg

20130112_130634.jpg

Reactions: Av4nt
how did you attach them you your standard back-boxes ?

how did you attach them you your standard back-boxes ?

I welded them on at work after cutting off the originals, any garage can do it and it will take no longer that 30mins tops I attached mine in my tea break and took 20mins

I bought my S4 with the back boxes removed and they had welded some larger mild steel pipes on, sounds nice but didnt look like i wanted it too so looked at ebay and found a pair of milltek tips for £35 so have now got the milltek look which is perfect !

Before....

004vqg.jpg

After......

021xn.jpg

020iw.jpg

Reactions: Av4nt
Cheers, they are 19" x 8.5 front, 19" x 9.5 rears, ET 35 front and back, running 235 35 19 all round, gives a nice bit of stretch at the rears

mine when i first bought the car previous owner was badge happy,all removed now
20072009032-1.jpg

David, your cab looks good, i know its slightly of topic, sorry but what size are your rims if you don't mind me asking and are you using spacers in that pic.

David, your cab looks good, i know its slightly of topic, sorry but what size are your rims if you don't mind me asking and are you using spacers in that pic.
they are 19 inch and no spacers, it currently has newer style rs6 ones now as i cracked one of these though 3.5 year on them wasnt bad for replicas i suppose

2x 2.75" - Slight slash cut & inward rolled. Suites and matches the lines of the bumper perfectly.

474074_10151484562805398_536964532_o_zps3a770469.jpg

hi all whilst we are on the subject of exhaust tips does anyone know if the twin outlet single back box found on the b7 1.9 and 2.0tdi will fit straight on to the b6 1.9tdi . at the moment my exhaust tips are hidden. i was thinking about changing the backbox to a double outlet and trimming the rear valance to suit . any info would be welcome

Im on the look out for some exhaust tips, went to a couple of local exhaust places but I think they talking rubbish - one chap quoted me £140 for two 85mm tips and weld them on,

Those eBay tips look quite well, iv just had the rear s line bumper fitted to my avant,

What sort of price are you guys paying for a couple of tips including fitting?

Cheers

Before i found the milltek tips on ebay i was quoted £80 plus vat for a pair of stainless tips welded on from my local tyre & exhaust place

I got a pair of cat backs in stainless from LongLife exhausts in Leeds (aka Tony Banks) 550 quid - went for RS6 sized oval outlets - don't fret - my S4 is still badged as an S4 - I just went with something still within the Audi style without going all ricer with a catering bean can sized tip!

Cracking service, after sales care was good (needed exhausts tucking further up to avoid some speed bumps round my way) and the exhaust sounds awesome - pops, crackles and burps on the over run - on a long cruise it doesn't drone or resonate, very happy!

Some really nice pipes there guys, thanks for sharing.

I just stayed with my original stainless downpipes on the car, but kept them clean and in good order.
Not as nice as some of yours but still ok at 6 years old and 100k miles....

101.jpg

103.jpg

My custom valance
with dual power flow exhaust exits from the center. (no center box)
photo-1.jpg

Last edited:
Hi B6 guys ,
just picked up 2 4" tailpipes looking to weld onto existing exhausts , how did you guys attach the new pipes ? Any pics would be most helpful ! Cheers

Mine are stock, for now:

I'm fitting this cat-back, come summer, and once I do my engine swap: