Show me your stance

ApOsTle

Reaction score
morning all ,
Recently picked up a very nice A4 Quattro Special edition S-line and tho an s-line it still sits to high I reckon so I’m looking at lowering it that little bit more. I’m looking at H&R springs initially.
So come on, if you’ve got an s-line with H&R springs post up a pic so I can see what gains I can expect

Car 4

Attachments

• adi2.jpg
    adi2.jpg
    361.5 KB · Views: 338
Reactions: THQuattro, V6_Man and zgss20v
19" rs6 c6 reps with eibach sport pro spring's, think they are 30mm all round been on that long i can't remember lol

20170509 214402

and one with standard s line 18's same springs

20170216 110401

Reactions: THQuattro, V6_Man and xpoweruk
These are just springs on standard dampers or did you uprate anything else ?
Look much better than my standard landroveresque look

Mine just springs and spacers
Looking at moving to some Bilstein Shocks

Important question , is it avant or saloon , as Quattro avants do sit lower on the rears compared to Quattro saloons.

my old bus on Bilstein B8 dampers with H&R 45mm drop all round.

Jjt5

Reactions: THQuattro and V6_Man
Not an S-Line but my poverty spec SE with H&R springs - they were an absolute must once i got the new 18" alloys fitted.

308.jpg

311.jpg

307.jpg
DSCF0306a.jpg
DSCF0310.jpg

Reactions: THQuattro
How long did you have the springs for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2895d29cc4acf6815f9e5c168392dd81.jpg

And then with some Air ride and some pretty hench rota grids I received yesterday she looks a little like this

b9146c6e19f12966609d6931dd165be1.jpg

2ba169bf52f45594eaa3464d51718248.jpg

Reactions: Jamie13TDI, tony mc and Alex Ward
Important question , is it avant or saloon , as Quattro avants do sit lower on the rears compared to Quattro saloons.
Mines a saloon, some very nice looking stances, I don’t wanna go too extreme as it’s still a family car. I’m just worried that the ride quality may suffer which I don’t mind to an extent but I don’t want a bone shaker lol

2895d29cc4acf6815f9e5c168392dd81.jpg

And then with some Air ride and some pretty hench rota grids I received yesterday she looks a little like this

b9146c6e19f12966609d6931dd165be1.jpg

2ba169bf52f45594eaa3464d51718248.jpg

Looking awesome mate. Love the rims. Perfect for your car.
Can’t wait to get Air Ride on my cabby.
Spent so much on mine recently, need to sell my children lol.
Where did you get yours done? Are you putting stretched tyres on?

Looking awesome mate. Love the rims. Perfect for your car.
Can’t wait to get Air Ride on my cabby.
Spent so much on mine recently, need to sell my children lol.
Where did you get yours done? Are you putting stretched tyres on?

I actually fitted it myself saved quite a lot of money. Took me longer than I thought but I’d replaced all my upper and lower wishbones and control arms arb links at the same time. Had a few teething problems with leaking air down to **** pipe but she’s all sorted now and waiting for tyres. Yeah going for another 10mm spacers and some good stretch to finish it off so the wing sits in the gap of the wheel and the tyre.

6035a94791b0b7b7d633c95b1ee5cd15.jpg

This is the tyre size I’m going for mate

I don't want to be damp squib chap but if you have an accident with tyres streched that much your insurance will be invalidated chap.
It pushes your tyres beyond the safe designed purpose as the sidewall is being subjected to excessive stress when cornering and braking,a small stretch is ok but not to the point of effecting sidewall integrity, personal choice chap but that is what I was told sometime ago buy a automotive safety advisor just a heads up really.

I don't want to be damp squib chap but if you have an accident with tyres streched that much your insurance will be invalidated chap.
It pushes your tyres beyond the safe designed purpose as the sidewall is being subjected to excessive stress when cornering and braking,a small stretch is ok but not to the point of effecting sidewall integrity, personal choice chap but that is what I was told sometime ago buy a automotive safety advisor just a heads up really.

Yeah I get your point and appreciate your advise but my car isn’t driven in that sort of manor for the tyres to affect the handling or grip. It’s only a1.9tdi not worth ragging it as it’s not built for it.

No probs ,but just keep in mind it works both ways though, it doesn't have to be your fault chap ,if your involved in an accident even if you were not the cause and there is reason to inspect your car for whatever reason , it may become an issue.
when I was rammed in the side last year, not my fault , the insurance company sent out a guy to check the damage and the first thing he looked at and checked were the tyres, I was quite surprised but he said it was now something they are doing something to do with checking for unsafe and modified cars.
anyway, good luck with it, looks great even without the stretch.

Eibach Sportlines on the original S-Line shocks.

a0fb76d35b5108f9effd5fc7083dc28e.jpg
7a4dfbee1caa6d10436218c2d3bb2d08.jpg
be38adf2042efdaed59e120f9800fb4d.jpg
afa853c33c909b266394a884ca67c718.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: V6_Man
Eibach Sportlines on the original S-Line shocks.

a0fb76d35b5108f9effd5fc7083dc28e.jpg
7a4dfbee1caa6d10436218c2d3bb2d08.jpg
be38adf2042efdaed59e120f9800fb4d.jpg
afa853c33c909b266394a884ca67c718.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Some nice buses out there. Looks fab@J0N

Reactions: J0N
you cant beat a good old audi a4 b7 bus, the're the best.....

Reactions: zgss20v and V6_Man
4fd54ff145d2db6a86cc91cab6f1f388.jpg
60e57125553a85e5436f3703da43739f.jpg
8c761d6e443e2a7aee3eb2d24ad78412.jpg

Not an S line I know but I thought it wouldn’t hurt to post a couple of pics.

Eibach or H&R ? With ride quality in mind ...
I know H&R are progressive springs so on half decent road surface I shouldn’t notice much difference but what about Eibachs?

H&R are very good, I use them with bilstein B8's on my avant and are brilliant.

Reactions: ApOsTle
The Eibachs can be a bit harsh and especially with 19” wheels and a 35 profile it will hate speed bumps.

The Eibachs can be a bit harsh and especially with 19” wheels and a 35 profile it will hate speed bumps.

to be fair mine isn't any worse than standard, its a bit more crashy with the 19's on like you say but with my winter 18's its sound

having not tried any other aftermarket dampers other than the bilstein B8's on my B7 avant I have fitted at present I don't have any comparison points ,but the B8's are far superior to the s-line items with s-line spring s and s-line with H&R springs.
the H&R springs do work very well with bilsteins, the crashy feeling has gone and been replaced with a very compliant ride with 19" 235/35 rubber, nice sporty handling with decent ride quality to boot , a win win situation , well just my input on my setup.

Reactions: ApOsTle
Eibach springs s line shocks found them less bouncey than std but firmer if that makes sence
IMG 0238

Reactions: ApOsTle, V6_Man, Charlie Farley and 1 other person
looking good jimbo, i miss my rotors

Reactions: Jimbo d
to be fair mine isn't any worse than standard, its a bit more crashy with the 19's on like you say but with my winter 18's its sound

I’ll be putting my winter 18’s on soon, I’ll report back....

Cheers Tony doesn't have to be an avant to look good (rob) lol

Reactions: tony mc and V6_Man
Saloons look great chap, but avants are just better......but then i'm biased anyway...nice car al the same chap.

My ride is definitely less harsh with the 18’s back on, and after driving my girlfriend’s 53 plate Fiesta ‘Finesse’ quite a bit last week I will never describe mine as crashy ever again ha.

Reactions: tony mc and Charlie Farley
so you'd call the fiesta a little bit on the firm side then Jon...haha

I’ve been in more comfortable fork trucks!!

Reactions: Charlie Farley