Show me pictures of your Sport Convertibles please

leegsi

Reaction score
Show me pictures of your Convertibles please.

I have a Sport on 18" S-line wheels with a broken rear spring and looking at replacing it (The pair).

My local motorfactors are telling me its listed as a Sport but has standard suspension.

I want to see how Sports sit as standard and also how others sit on standard suspension.

Reactions: THQuattro
Here you go Leegsi..

Sorry to hear of your broken rear spring.

Im running 265/30/20 on 9inch wide wheels on stock suspension. Perfectly fine on normal roads and harsh on pothole fueled roads!

Have decided in the last few weeks I may dip down the full adjustable coil over route to sort this out.

Attachments

• IMG_2452.JPG
    IMG_2452.JPG
    596.7 KB · Views: 133
Here's a pic of mine on coil overs lowered about 50mm on 245.30.20 tyres

Reactions: DrStrange, rjm180 and THQuattro
Standard sport on genuine s line 18s, 245/40/18. Standard sport suspension with b5 perches

Reactions: rjm180
Standard sport on genuine s line 18s, 245/40/18. Standard sport suspension with b5 perches

Thats the same wheel and tyre combination we have but all on standard sport suspension.

My local motorfactors list my car as a sport but fitted with standard suspension and not 'sport' suspension.

The 'Sport' is lower isnt it and if they give me standard springs it will sit higher?

Looks like sport suspension to me.............get a set of B5 spring perches on the front and you will have the same arch gap as the rear.

Reactions: DrStrange
Thanks for the input guys.

Cant go lower on the front due to large speed humps where my wife works.

I just need to source a pair of rear springs now and replace them

Reactions: DrStrange
I'm not sure about difference if any, between sport and sline, mine is sline on gen audi rims, tyres 235/40 18. Can be a bit harsh on the rough stuff but I don't mind.
P1000555