Should the wipers auto park whe ignition it turned off?

Jaywoo_A3

Reaction score
I have not owned the Audi for long but I noticed last night when I turned the car off the wipers just stopped, I expected them to auto park back to the bottom of the screen.
Is this correct to how the should work or should there be some kind of run on after the ignition is turned off?

The car is a A4 Avant 2006, 2.0tdi 140.

Just to add the car is not fitted with rain or light sensors for auto light and wipers.

Seems a little odd to me as I thought all modern car do it,

It is actually a clever feature, it's so you can stop your wipers halfway in winter to hold your piece of cardboard on.... ;)

Reactions: Geebo and Mike_B
Some of the newist Mercedes auto adjust the wipers when you pop the bonnet to gain enough clearance

Maybe 6 months deifference but a different generation. Basically the B7 is still the generation of the B6 so its a 2001 relased design from a project that probaly started in 1998. Mk5 gold was launch in 2003, whole new design and the project was probably started in 2000, so they are more likey to be 2 years apart really.

That makes sense. I was told the CAN-BUS was a old system compared to the golf as the Audi was still based on a b6.