Should the UK stay in the EU?

Should the UK stay in the EU?

• Total voters
I can't believe Boris Johnson is being touted as the next Prime minister. Where did that come from.
The Conservative party cannot seriously consider him as the next party leader.
Hopefully looks like he is out of the running. Stabbed in the back and I bet he never saw it coming.

Reactions: 45bvtc and Jake 61
Theresa May's yer women for the job. Takes no sh1t and will sort Merkel out. She does remind me of Maggie. Same stance, same swagger and same tenacity.
Hopefully she'll put Sturgeon in her place while she's at it. She's doing my box in.
4.1 million voters in Scotland. 1.6 voted to remain, 1.1 to leave so 2.7 voted leaving another 1.4 million who didn't bother. Tell me again how Scotland has definitively spoken when a third of the electorate didn't vote and just under a third voted to leave and the other just over a third voted to remain. She's actually speaking for a just over a third of the Scottish electorate. Grrr I can't stick her! Big fish in a wee pond. She'll be an even small fish in an even bigger pond with what she's trying to achieve and will fail. Typical Lawyer. If you don't win appeal. Even Alex Salmond has said she's no chance of winning. Good on him but I don't like him either!

Reactions: Ghost, 45bvtc, Jake 61 and 1 other person
Theresa May's yer women for the job. Takes no sh1t and will sort Merkel out. She does remind me of Maggie. Same stance, same swagger and same tenacity.
Hopefully she'll put Sturgeon in her place while she's at it. She's doing my box in.
4.1 million voters in Scotland. 1.6 voted to remain, 1.1 to leave so 2.7 voted leaving another 1.4 million who didn't bother. Tell me again how Scotland has definitively spoken when a third of the electorate didn't vote and just under a third voted to leave and the other just over a third voted to remain. She's actually speaking for a just over a third of the Scottish electorate. Grrr I can't stick her! Big fish in a wee pond. She'll be an even small fish in an even bigger pond with what she's trying to achieve and will fail. Typical Lawyer. If you don't win appeal. Even Alex Salmond has said she's no chance of winning. Good on him but I don't like him either!
Dont mention that woman's name. I'm sick of hearing her go on about her personal goals.

Reactions: Ghost, 45bvtc, Jake 61 and 1 other person
Wasn't the leave campaign slogan "take control"? The government and opposition has fallen apart since the vote - so much for taking control. We effectively have no leader at this moment in time

Even if you twist the numbers, Scotland has still spoken more definitively about remaining than the UK as a whole about leaving. Hopefully the Scots do get their way and remain, means I can move up across the border whilst England leaves and the economy nose dives (and before anyone mentions the markets being at a 3 month high, I'll point out that we've not yet left the EU or the single market and the pound has taken such a hit that those shares are worth less any way)

Glad I'm not off of on holiday this year and getting shafted by the exchange rate

It's only a week since the referendum and all I see and hear, (even on my weekly favourite, Question Time), is a defeatist attitude and people who have given in already.
Parliament is full of personalities and that is a huge problem. I don't see any of the current crop of spin doctors fit to fill the doorway of number 10.
Boris was never going to be taken seriously... he is an oaf, plain and simple. Stirred the pot and legged it at the first whiff of the other bampot, Michael Gove. Another one was brought up at the Findhorn Foundation, where they hug tree's. Teresa May has always had a wardrobe crisis and all I see happening, is the same old all over again.
It needs some fresh thinking to steer the country back to greatness - which is there to find, but only if there is somebody brave enough to give the whole system and Europe, a good hard shake.

We need Team GB to come out fighting and silence that wee gob s***e Sturgeon while they're at it.

(Only my opinion, mind. Feel free to give it a kicking).

:salute:

Reactions: Ghost, Terminator x, Scottyg and 2 others
Out of interest, what was/is wrong with the country that it now needs to be made great again? Things like that just sound like empty populist slogans which have no real meaning behind them

Reactions: James_TDi
Britain is great. But it has certain people trying their best to mess it up. What I will say is I'll be doing the total opposite to @A4B9 . You can move north, I'll be moving south. No chance I'm living here as an independent country for all my hard work at saving for out retirement to get lost in a single swing of the axe.
She's a total egolomaniac and will stop short of nothing to get her way instead of running the country that the majority of Scottish people did in 2015.
While we are at it. I'm not twisting any figures to suit me. They are there in black and white for you to see. 1.6 million of 4.1 million able voters voted to remain. By my book that's just over a third! Doesn't matter how you spin it or change it the figures remain the same.
She'll not get her way anyway, so stop all this chest puffing and get on with governing Scotland.

Reactions: Jake 61 and Sandra
Out of interest, what was/is wrong with the country that it now needs to be made great again? Things like that just sound like empty populist slogans which have no real meaning behind them

As @Scottyg so eloquently posted above, Britain is great, but the feeling of greatness is lost on a lot of the media AND government people who only talk up the bad.
We need a good clear out of doomsday politicians who are only interested in point scoring and not winning for this country.

Apologies if I didn't make my point well enough.

Reactions: Scottyg
I'm delighted at the way the Conservative Party leadership battle has turned out. I'm really excited by the prospect of James May as Prime Minister. Maybe he'll appoint Jeremy Clarkson as Transport Minister.

I'm delighted at the way the Conservative Party leadership battle has turned out. I'm really excited by the prospect of James May as Prime Minister. Maybe he'll appoint Jeremy Clarkson as Transport Minister.

"Theresa jolly good fellow".....:musicnotes::musicnotes::musicnotes::musicnotes::musicnotes:

:stupid:

Reactions: jdp1962
Papers ramping it up a usual, I'd be very surprised if MPs attempt to block it.

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ghost and Jake 61
I probably didn't elaborate enough in my post

We had a referendum on brexit & the majority of the Uk decided we want to leave the EU

The 3 Judges, in their infinite wisdom, think the Uk public don't know what they're doing so send the brexit thing to parliament so they can debate it! Unbelievese !!!
Me thinks the judges forgot the MP's are elected by the Uk public

Democracy? Your having a laugh

I'm moving to the Canaries lol

Rant over lol

Reactions: Raiden
No, the judges said our sovereign parliament has to approve article 50 because that's what the law states. This isn't a dictatorship where one person at the top decides what to do without any scrutiny - no one is blocking us leaving the EU.

Better hope that freedom of movement our EU membership provided remains otherwise good luck trying to move to the Canary Islands

The amount of misinformation about this ruling really is a joke, it's a sad state of affairs when our independent judges who uphold the law of the land are labelled the enemies of the people

Reactions: jojo, Jake 61 and jdp1962
My take on it is, we have an unelected Prime Minister, who, quite rightly doesn't want to let the EU know what form the Brexit strategy will take.
She failed when she made out that the whole issue would be kept away from public scrutiny, (MP's/Europe), until the exit plan is finalised.
The problem with this is there would appear to be a hidden tier of government, who don't trust the rest of the elected parliament or their opinions.
The "3 Judges" were only pointing out, that this is not the way a democracy rolls, I doubt they would be stupid enough to try and overturn the decision made by the country, via a referendum.

That would be tantamount to lighting the revolution touchpaper...!

Much like America tomorrow, either way.

a lot of people forget get parliament voted 6:1 (or something) to have a referendum on the matter.

Reactions: Jake 61
a lot of people also forget that the referendum was only advisory.

How are all those who voted out enjoying the creeping inflation thanks to the hammering the Pound took after the vote?

Not too bothered frankly, the pound will most likely rally and recover to a degree, once the EU get over themselves and stop playing hardball because one of their cash cows has left the field.

Reactions: Bristle Hound
Pound was over valued anyway by all accounts so would always have come down at some point.

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jake 61