Should the UK stay in the EU?

Should the UK stay in the EU?

• Total voters

ScottishA4B9

Reaction score
Hey Folks.

So what do you all think. Should the UK stay in the EU?

What are you reasons for saying no or yes?

I have no idea! All i can see is a lot of facts and figures based on educated guesses when it comes to the economics side of things. Being able to deport people convicted of spreading extremism without the european court of human rights getting involved would be nice but i've got a lot of reading to do before i can confidently cast my vote.

Damned if you, Damned if you don't.

Not matter what happens where all doomed. What will change honestly???

Won't matter if we all vote out, there will be so much wheelin & dealin & skulduggery going on behind the scenes we will stay in. jmo

Reactions: Geebo
Being only slightly cynical(?) I'd reckon if we leave there will be lots of money to be made by enterprising businesses - probably mostly based abroad but claiming to be working for us!

One interesting thing I heard the other day, the reason why Germany was helped encouraged to be either leading the EEC or co-leading it was basically down to making sure that they had reasons for behaving after they seemed to have been a bit naughty twice in the last 100 years!!

It doesn't matter. If we all vote for YES or NO it will not impact in government's decision.

If we stay in we will regret it, the unelected bureaucrats of the E.U. Will make our lives here as hard as possible.

Reactions: 45bvtc
Have you got any proof of this? Sounds like nothing more than scaremongering to me, it's in nobody's interest to make life difficult if we stay in

And those unelected bureaucrats you speak of are British civil servants sent out to Brussels by our elected government to look after our interests

Next you'll be telling us we'll be invaded by Turkish migrants if we stay in

Reactions: xpoweruk
What I don't understand, is why David Cameron was so against the EU 12 months ago, (along with George Osborne), and now it is the best thing since sliced bread.

None of them could lie straight in bed.
Nor could they tell us how to without at least half a dozen u-turns.

I'm OUT! We're OUT!

And 5-reasons why - for starters:

1) I cannot understand why French and Spanish fishermen can catch 10x more fish in our waters than our own fisherman - have you ever seen noticed the differences between the French and Spanish trawlers and our rusty tubs!

2) The waste of (our) monies spent on infrastructure projects like the Spanish Ciudad airport costing billions but unused and now left to rot: and if you need to see more of where money is spent go watch the cycling tours of France and Spain and see the road infrastructures there and compare them with ours; I mean, even the Germans send development cars here as our roads are so appallingly bad - if they ride OK in the UK they'll ride OK anywhere...

3) Two parliaments: one in Brussels and one in Strasburg - the French obviously needing the one in Strasburg, France: our bumbling EU Bureaucrats waste time and (our) money each and every month flitting between Brussels and Strasburg with everything except the kitchen sink; it's pathetic, and we're paying for it...

4) And our UK contribution to support Spanish bullfighting, because it's traditional: scumbags...

5) And the Americans; the Americans seem sooo desperate for us to be in so even if reasons 1 to 4 are/were insufficient I can assure you 100% that this last one works for me; the only reason the Americans want anything is for their own self interest (feels soooo much better now): I don't trust America; I don't think I ever have

Note: does anyone know what "our special relationship with the US" is 'cos I for one don't; our so called 'friends' still have a ban on our beef and lamb exports (?)

OK, back in 1975 I voted 'IN' to a Common Market to enable goods and services to be harmonised across the community but what we have now in 2016 is a looooong way from that aspiration and we've moved into a political minefield with way too many unelected and unaccountable travelling money grabbers - the classic example here being the Kinnock family

And RS3copilot agrees with ALL of the above so that's the two of us OUT!

Reactions: THQuattro, glasgowdubber, Scottyg and 5 others
Well said, John. I didn't want to get all political on a forum I enjoy using, (and use to get away from all life's nonsense). But.....
Back in 1975, things were a lot different to the arguments being put forward now and with today's arguments being put to the country, I don't think we would have had anything to do with it back then.
What I read recently had nothing to do with the greater good and more to do with money, interference from the United States going back as far as the post-war years and what five of the worlds most powerful families have to do with it.
These people could wipe out third world debt at a stroke, but will not.
They finance all of the conflict on this planet, so they can control a very high percentage of the money. (And oil).
They control all of the banks and the gold reserves.

Europe, yeah, lovely place and people just the same as us, led by idiots who do what they're told by these people;

http://humansarefree.com/2015/06/5-most-powerful-families-that-secretly.html

I'm out by the way.

Reactions: Scottyg and 45bvtc
OUT!! dont let the media use their scare tactics on you to make you want to stay in. it benefits the elite only.
we can govern ourselves, don't need some random suits in Belgium telling us what to do. We will still be able to trade freely with any country inside and out the EU. The EU is slowly crumbling as we speak, time to jump off this sinking ship

Reactions: Scottyg, Jake 61 and 45bvtc
OUT!! dont let the media use their scare tactics on you to make you want to stay in. it benefits the elite only.
we can govern ourselves, don't need some random suits in Belgium telling us what to do. We will still be able to trade freely with any country inside and out the EU. The EU is slowly crumbling as we speak, time to jump off this sinking ship

I think if we did leave the EUs days will be numbered, wont take long for other to start wanting out. (unless we leave and totally fudge it up)

Reactions: 45bvtc, Scottyg and Jake 61
I agree with the last three contributions whole heartedly: Jake 61, donfresh, and Lavis89; as Jake said "didn't want to get all political" but providing arguments are 'constructive' and don't decline to a slagging off of individuals then I think this thread an ideal place to debate this question.

I've wanted out for a long time as what we have is not what we voted for; a number of politicians have come along and reneged on their faithful promise to allow us current UK residents a vote and I'm content that Cameron has given us that opportunity.

As for this "special relationship" well that certainly needs to be redefined as 'only when of benefit to the US of bl**dy A'

OUT and lets start trading with the rest of the World...
waving.gif
Bye Jaques...

Reactions: Scottyg and Jake 61
It's a tough one from my point of view. From an Economy point of view, IN, from a Domestic point of view, OUT. Really depends on which boat you are on, and which one effects you the most?

I'm still undecided at this moment in time.

I'm voting out, so is my wife & just about everyone I've talked to about it.

Reactions: THQuattro, Jake 61, AlexA4Avant and 2 others
I'm out but I'm lucky to have guaranteed job security.
If I didn't then id probably vote the other way....too much uncertainty!

OUT, we managed through two world wars without Brussels telling us what to do.
Don't see why we can't now.

Reactions: t8ups, AlexA4Avant, Jake 61 and 2 others
I also think Remain will succeed, but like Scottyg, my vote was also for out.
The aftermath is going to be very interesting and very similar to the independence vote in Scotland recently. Close to half of the UK are going to be upset by the outcome, just as a very high percentage of Scots were with the indy results.
Where do we go from here...? If we leave, I think the Euro Project is doomed. Sweden will call for their own referendum and probably leave, closely followed by the Dutch. From there on, the rest will follow.
If we remain, then I think the Conservative Party will have a huge rift to heal and no amount of Amber Rudd telling Sir David Dimbleby that she and Boris Johnston are good, will wash. The Tories have sold one and other right down the line, I don't think they can possibly function as a Government after this.
One thing is for sure, the next few days won't be boring, either way.

I really do fear what the future holds if we vote to leave

Looks like the leave vote is gaining some major speed now, GOOD! Time for change :D

Remain are back in front :) . Nice and quiet here at work tonight ,we can't do anything as there is an embargo on network change so not a lot to do except watch the way this develops.

The only real reason remain are pulling back is scotland, Once scotland is out the way I expect to see leave with a major lead.

Looks like you may be right, will need to fill the car with fuel and get to Tesco and stock up on milk and bread on the way home :) .

@desertstorm I never thought about fuel! No doubt the fuel companies will use whatever result as an excuse to out fuel prices up like they always do!!!

Leave winning at the moment. Hope that keeps going that way!

Still, at least the really important verdict of the night went the right way. :)

Click

Reactions: SimonSystems, James_TDi, Bugeye_bob and 1 other person
Scotland and northern Ireland now will break off UK.
the break off will be strong and have bad consequences.

how can you sell your national assets abroad and stay out of EU?
does not make sense.

If scotland breaks off from the rest of the UK am leaving to move into england. Screw that, time to open brand new trade deals and make some real money. Loose human rights too? Thats a good one, that will surely get passed by mps!

If scotland breaks off from the rest of the UK am leaving to move into england. Screw that, time to open brand new trade deals and make some real money. Loose human rights too? Thats a good one, that will surely get passed by mps!
techen. I commend you on your choice.
just remember why EU was set up in the first instance.
remember your history.
treaty of Rome.
it was only just over seventy years ago.
England participating in Euro 2016.
its all about creating peace and not fighting each other.
this will be a million times worse than the credit crunch and black Wednesday (1992).
Cameron has failed again just like he failed as one of the three wise men who
advised Norman Lamont chuck billions of ££££ in less than 24 hours for nothing,
thereby netting speculators like George Soros over a billion in less than 12 hours.

there you go, David Cameron has just resigned as prime minister.
what do you have to say now.
expect turmoil.

British governments have sold major assets abroad such as British Telecom, Electric, British gas, the railway lines, bus services, banks, car manufacturers like Jaguar, Aston martin, Rover, Land rover, Mini, MG, Rolls Royce, Bentley, TVR, British aerospace/British airways, British steel and many more.
the government even toyed with the idea off selling UK motorways.
the sale of these assets has led to job losses.
now Britain has voted to leave, what stops these companies to move manufacturing plants and infrastructure
to another country (lock stock & barrel) outside Britain.
How can you sell off your assets and expect to successfully bargain with other countries.
How can the government sell off assets and expect keep to electoral manifesto (electoral promise).