Help Please Should the B&O amp be red hot and the fan not running all of the time?

Russboy

Reaction score
So I thought my SD card was corrupt but now I've noticed the same thing happening on CD, Jukebox & SD card.

Playing a tune and the sound cuts out, however song still plays in the background (if you sing along the words match up perfectly), however on the controls on the MMI the pause button flashes as if you've pressed it. Couple of seconds later it starts playing again but at low volume.

Sometimes the whole thing crashes, reboots (sometimes this takes ages) then goes back to a completely different song (jukebox) than you were listening to, but the same song every time it re-boots. Also when it crashes the satnav reverts back to an old address as I was using it this morning for the Nav and it did exactly that.

Should the fan be running all the time? It doesn't seem to kick in at all and the amp would burn your hands if you held it long enough!

28515281998_6817a508a7_k.jpg

41665144904_2f8f01a3b4_k.jpg

Yeah, i've seen these guys but i dont know yet if the amp is the issue, although i suspect it is.

Makes sense if it is overheating when being worked at volume that it cuts out and then comes back on again but quiet.

I may cheat and buy a replacement fan and wire that to an ignition live so it is always on and swap it for the fan in there, i've already had it apart.