Should My Car.....

toadusmodus

Reaction score
.....have a light on the dash to let me know when the headlights are on? May sound daft, but if the headlights are on auto, sometimes they will activate but I won't know because it's too light to tell by looking at the road. I thought most VAG cars have a green symbol to let you know the headlights are on......

Only really ever noticed cars saying parking lights are on.

Dipped beam, nothing. Dials glow though.

When the headlights are on the hole dash lights up red its hard not to know really

Er.... my 2012 B8.5 dash does not light up red! The dials/dash will light up to varying degrees depending on the ambient light levels, but that still does not indicate whether the headlights are on!

On my B8 when the headlight comes on the radio heater dials so on light up red

Reactions: CHEZ
when lights are on headlamp indicator on light switch itself (when auto) will illuminate, as said above, or just drag **** out of car and double check, just to confirm!

I check if mine are on by moving the stalk forwards, if main beam repeater comes on, the headlights are on.

A quick way to turn your headlights on with light switch in auto is to flick the front fogs on, headlights will come on as well. Next time you turn the ignition off the lights will go off and revert to auto next time you start the car.