Should it be shiney (RS3 Brake Hubs)

patters

Reaction score
Folks
You know the front wheels, the kind of star shaped metal that joins the disks, should, could that be buffed up?

Cheers
Pat

which bit are you talking about? maybe provide a picture?

Attachments

• rs3_sportback_0023_0_0.jpg
    rs3_sportback_0023_0_0.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 173
directly inside the disc, looks quite shiney on this picture

The hub?

If so then not they aren't meant to be shiney as they develop surface rust. You can clean it off using a wire brush and painting over it with silver paint such as Hammerite smooth.

its just that on the front its all pretty and flower shaped

The surface to which the wheel bolts screw into? No, you don't see that and you don't want to be painting that surface as the wheel may not sit correctly.

Paint the upper bit is the bit you see with the wheel on between the wheel and the disc but not the flat surface.

no, not the surface, the flowery v bits next to the disk you can see in the pic I posted, it looks like ally, certainly doesnt look like it would rust or it would have by now, I was considering taking the wheel off and buffing it as it is quite prominent visually

Ah ok you didn't mention you had RS brakes in your original post so I just assumed you had normal brakes.

I'm not sure to be honest, try looking in the section for your car as some similar owners might have a solution.

soz, i saw 'detailing' so I thought, or not maybe !

You can polish it if you want, It is aluminium and would probably polish up very nice if you took the time. But it is subjected to heat and a lot of dust and other rubbish so won't be shiney for long.

You can polish it if you want, It is aluminium and would probably polish up very nice if you took the time. But it is subjected to heat and a lot of dust and other rubbish so won't be shiney for long.
Yep, is what I was thinking, wouldnt get much heat from me, I drive like a blue rinse

They polish up great bud if you look at bt45vc posts he describes how he did his look spot on or try searching brake spiders