Should I sell my s3

big harty

Reaction score
Well I've been thinking ,is it time for the s3 to go. Spent a fortune on her but only do about 100 miles a month in her. Is it a waste or pure indulgence ....help. :uhm:

If your only doing 100 miles a month then I say go for something even more thirsty and fast!

Well I've been thinking ,is it time for the s3 to go. Spent a fortune on her but only do about 100 miles a month in her. Is it a waste or pure indulgence ....help. :uhm:

Keep it and enjoy it.

Short of something faster,what would you spend it on?

Been looking at 911 Carreras and rs4 or tvr s. but really don't know what to do

Been looking at 911 Carreras and rs4 or tvr s. but really don't know what to do

Well...just my 5p's worth....

The 911 is a superb car,looks good,goes well,and keeps it's value reasonably well,but you may not find it a great deal faster point to point.

The RS4 again is a great car,but as thirsty as hell when pushed.

TVR......as long as it doesn't rain,in which case it may either not start,or try to find the nearest ditch instead.

If you're going to change,the 911 would be where I'd look,or maybe a GTR if you want something bigger.

Cheers Alex. I just don't know what to do. Been to see a Porsche 911 Carreras cabriolet. It was nice and quite quick. But didn't have the acceleration of the s3. And nterior isn't as nice Bt it sounded gorgeous. But I'm a little worried as I'm a big bloke 6 ft 4. And don't wont to look like a gay hair dresser

Cheers Alex. I just don't know what to do. Been to see a Porsche 911 Carreras cabriolet. It was nice and quite quick. But didn't have the acceleration of the s3. And nterior isn't as nice Bt it sounded gorgeous. But I'm a little worried as I'm a big bloke 6 ft 4. And don't wont to look like a gay hair dresser

LOL...not sure I like the cabrios myself.

The coupes are nimble and well sorted machines though,and if you feel like it,an older turbo would be fun(again not so much in the wet),but though I love the quirky nature of a TVR,and what they stand for,I wouldn't ever buy one.

I know wot you mean tvr wise lol. Look stunning. But I think I would end up in a hedge facing towards the pearly gates on fire. As clarkson says.

I know wot you mean tvr wise lol. Look stunning. But I think I would end up in a hedge facing towards the pearly gates on fire. As clarkson says.

I remember one a mate had a few years ago....admittedly not one of the last models,but new enough to compare with other cars of it's generation.
Sounded great,looked good,but reliability was shocking to the point where he could guarantee it would die if it rained.

Reactions: big harty
The Porsche 911 997 is the best car I have ever driven. You should buy one.

Reactions: big harty