Should I sell my fat5's...?

Geeman

Low Life
Reaction score
As the title suggests, should I sell my Fat5's on?

I've seen ANOTHER set of rims that I'd like for the A4, but I don't know if I'll regret selling the Fat5's to fund the new purchase as I love them so much.

Should I keep the Fat5's... or risk another set of rims and live with my decision... or should I keep them and stop being so ****** silly with wheels? I know it's not a life or death decision, but my car is a big thing in my life!

Thoughts please!

Giles

This is true, and wheels can make or break a car. Personally i dont like the fat 5's, what other's are you thinking or is that top secret?!!

Top Secret... because if it doesn't come off, I'll be gutted.

But if it DOES come off, I think you'll be suitably impressed!

Personally i really like your wheels and love your progress thread.
Would defo be interested to see the new ones if you change...

If it was me i would use photoshop to see what it would look like butty,,,,
But i like the wheels on there now :icon_thumright:

Here are the wheels I'm looking at...

these are 18" monoblocks... yum yum! So... Fat5's or these lovely badboys?

1000306.jpg

Polished monoblocks every time
abc.jpg

Fat5's look good on Golfs but remind me of a VW Sharan when I see them on longer cars!

Great pic Slepy... both rims in one shot. Gotta be the monos for me now.

Just got to raise the cash, or sell either my BBS CH's or Fat5's quickly!

Dude... don't get me wrong... I LOVE my 5's - but these have caught my eye a little bit.

I'll probably miss out on them due to not having the cash together. I would have thought my BBS CH's would have gone by now. Oh well...

Are these monoblocks 18"?
If you don't manage to get cash for them can you let me know where these are for sale?
I might stick them on my b6:arco:

5's look hard as mate!! Do like the mono's but think the 5's suit the A4 body better!

Right... BBS's have gone. Money in my pocket burning hole. Monoblocks I can get right now (within the hour they can be in my car). Feeling nervous as I don't know which way to turn...

Monos... or keep the Fat5's...?

Grrrrr!

Right... I've taken the plunge and said I'll have them.

This means that my Fat5's will be available for sale. Keep your eyes peeled in the classifieds section (and my sig!).

cool can i see the pics with them fives on your car again?

Hmm Geeman, tbh love the way your car looks on fat5's. Hope that monoblock will not spoil the way it looks.

New rims arrived. Rubber arriving tomorrow. Fat 5's now sold... pending payment.

Sorry for crap phone pic... but you get the idea!

monos10.jpg

Searching, searching and more searching... and then even more searching young Jedi.

They don't come up very often at all. Last set I saw for sale was on the Edition38 forum and they went for £1200!!!

Geeman you forgot to mention wheelwhores where you bought them from :)

That coz I didn't want anyone else getting their sticky mitts on them before me!

I got them from someone who's first language wasn't English and they claimed that they weren't sourced in the UK...

Monos now on.

I've got to say that I'm a bit disappointed with them to be honest. Don't get me wrong, they're an ace wheel and I really like them, but they don't have the same visual impact of the Fat5's...

The car needs a clean and the tyres need some 'attention' from Megs... but you get the idea.

monos_10.jpg

me liking then loads, i saw them on wheel whore, but just bought a set of porsche rims for my A4 neva mine,

i think the car looks top dollar geeman

I dunno... still not feeling them. Maybe when I've cleaned the car and the wheels and detailed it, they might grow on me, but I have this funny feeling I've done the wrong thing in moving the Fat5's on...

Have you sold your 5's already then? I'm not keen on em, they almost look like they have been photoshopped in that picture