Should I sell my fat5's...?

Looks like there isnt enough tyre. (Deja vu? :D)

Theres too much of a gap between the tyre and the edge of the bumper/sill, and it makes the wheels look lost in the arches.

Agree with Aragorn^^^

Personally i preferred the fat 5's, the mono's look good also but dont suit it the way the 5's did mate.

Guys... they're EXACTLY the same rolling diameter as standard 16" rims. I made sure of that... so there! :nyah:

It looks good imho but they look a bit small.
The problem might not be alloy itself but car colour.
I have 3rd silver car now and even big alloys look like 15"...
Wouldn't spacer help a bit?

Looks like there isnt enough tyre. (Deja vu? :D)

Theres too much of a gap between the tyre and the edge of the bumper/sill, and it makes the wheels look lost in the arches.

Oh my god.....what is it with you and tyre's, arch's and gaps??!!!!!!! Is this some sort of unusual obsession!!!

I think the 5's looked better dude, didn't like them initially but looking back through the pics they suit the car better, shame about the tyre's and the gap's though:lmfao:

If they ARE the correct rolling radius (unlike floyds) then it must just be a combination of the style/color/ride height that makes them look odd.

I've seen cars before on the monos and they looked good, but yours just looks odd in that pic! Can anyone remember the other forum member who had them fitted so we can make some comparisons?

PhilR is the one i was thinking of...

newsigpicfortne.jpg

Thats all i can find of his car

not what you wanna hear Geeman too much silver going on, can you not cancel the sale of the fat 5's? i get the feelin the fat 5's makes more of an impact

Geeman, you know I love the Monos, but I have to say, on your car dude the 5's looked waaaaaaaaaay better. Ref sale................................. CANCEL CANCEL CANCEL........Your goldfish ate them whatever, blag something!

Sorry to ruin your day too, but I have to agree - the Fat 5's looked awesome, the mono's look too VW'ish (Golf's with Porsche rims...) and IMO are too complex a design for the understated B5 shape.

I also have to agree re colour, with silver you are challenged on wheels, but the 5's just worked.

On the bright side, if demand for the mono's is sooo high, you can rake it all back in and buy some more!

on which note, what were the Fat 5's on originally - Are they RS4 or summat? Where do I get some please?

Fat5's = Audi A8

Monos = Audi A8

Giles = depressed

Can't believe I've made such a mistake with getting these rims. I'm gutted.

No more negative comments please... I may just end it all here, right now...

BTW - there were 3 set of Fat5's for sale on the Edition38 forum this week!

Mine, and 2 others. All have sold, surprise, surprise!

where's the parts for sale section in E38 gone? Its been a while since I went there, but have they had a reorg too? !

You got to sign-in to see the parts section dude...

You can see the cars for sale section, but the parts are limited to you signing in.

What about a set of 18" Merc AMG rims? Think those look ****** awesome! With the change from buying a set after selling your monos, you could buy me a SMF! What you reckon best buddy!!

Had thought about AMG rims... but decided against them.

The old man has two Mercs... and my A4 wearing his rims didn't look right.

Unless they are ****-hot split rims, I wouldn't consider them...

Had thought about AMG rims... but decided against them.

The old man has two Mercs... and my A4 wearing his rims didn't look right.

Unless they are ****-hot split rims, I wouldn't consider them...

BBS LM etc is the logical option as I'm sure you know. You can't beat a world class deep lipped split rim!! (Shame the price beats up your bank account!!!)
2kjwcm.jpg

Yeah... I'd have to get replica with them, and that's something I wouldn't be happy with either.

We'll see what pops up along the way that tempts me! lol

I'm feeling them a bit more today now the sun's out. Looks much better...!

monos10.jpg

nice shot with the snow! you fed up of the snow yet?

I'm bored that it's back again... especially as I'm outside working on my Mk3!

Nearly lost it though earlier coming down a hill... sideways braking, full ABS chattering away with a car in front of me. Probably not my most enjoyable moment!

Bear in mind, it's a rolling project...

It's a bit low (as you can see in the second pic), I have to admit - hence the smashed front splitter (it touches the ground even on a semi-flat surface!). I've ordered a CL splitter instead to give me a bit more room!

I bought it in September as a wreck, had it painted with new Vento front end with early grille, spent a lot of time getting it through its' MOT (new brake discs, pads, calipers, hoses & lines front and rear / ball joints / top mounts / etc.) and now this is how it stands. It's got black leather Recaros, cusomt trimmed headlining and pillars, etc. It'll be up for sale as soon as I re-install the headlining!

golf_w10.jpg

golf_f10.jpg

I bought it solely as a project, and as Rach and I are getting married in 5 months, it's going to help fund the wedding. It's what I bought it for to be honest... as a money maker. It was a non-runner when I got it as it needed a gearbox (reverse had disappeared) but I saw the potential it had, especially with the leather Recaros in it! It had totally chav Lexus rear lights, quad crystal angel eye headlights, ***** rims, DTM exhaust and was full of mould inside due to not having been moved or used for a year.

There's not a lot I can do about the limo tints without a lot of hardwork, so they're staying.

It's not a bad motor and ulls really well. Should be on the road next weekend... if I can stand the freezing cold tomorrow to get it finished!

Its not far away for somebody to do something with, smooth body, paint n some wheels will look smart.

Congrats on the big day mate, least its goin to a worthy cause.

car looks cool, good spec. my bro in law had a mk3 gti 8v the reverse gear got stuck he tried to get it out of gear by pushing it, then shortly after tore his achilles tendon. He is now looking for a Mk4 tdi

Mk3's looking good G, saw one quite similar yesterday at the Phirm, there putting an R32 engine in it! Loving the colour, if its the same as the afore mentioned its like a silvery bluey white?? Is it a 16 or 8 valve....GTI?????????

It's a trusty old 8v GTi - I found some rare Mk3 GT badges on the 'Bay, so badging it up a little differently. Steel wheels, roof-rack (yes, I'm a rack whore!), orange indicators, deleted fogs, old Vento grille, etc. Just something a little bit different to what everyone else does with their Mk3's... just like I try to do with the A4.

Nice, sounds good mate. I like to be different too, not a sheep....thats why the mono's are gonna be kawasaki green hahahaha

that golf is top dollar mate, how much u going to sell it for?

ive got new wheels for my a4 hopefully have pics up soon

Not quite sure on price at the moment, but I'm going to spend this week seeing what else is for sale and take them as a guide. My old Mk3 sold for £2k within a week of putting it up and it didn't have the heated leather Recaros, headlining or as little miles that this one has... so we shall see.