Should I replace custom remap with generic

mattyboy199

Reaction score
The S3 is in the garage with a stage 1 jabbasport rolling road remap approx. 265bhp

No known engine health issues.

FMIC(airtec), decat (pipeworx), down pipe (pipeworx) and catch can being fitted. It's also had a trackslag boost pipe, miltek cat back, copper plugs and TSFI coils installed since the original jabba map so should I replace that map with a generic one ? If not would I experience any poor air/fuel ratios ?

Thanks

Matt

Don’t go for a generic map especially on old cars if anything get your current map tweaked to suit your car

What about if the map is 12 years old ? I know it's better to have a rolling road map but given the current circumstances...the car is in the garage and to return to jabba or go to anyone else I'm looking at 100mile + round trip. Also should there be any concern running stage 2 bolt in mods on a stage 1 map (as in over fueling or similar)

I would leave the Jabbasport map on. Keep an eye on the fuel trims on VCDS and see how it's going. I ran my 225 TT with a FMIC, decat 3" downpipe , Badger TIP , Ramair filter etc on a standard map with no issues. Made 275bhp after it was remapped

I'm aware a custom remap is better and hope to eventually get this done but wondering more if I'll have experience running issues with these stage 2 bolt on mods. Fuel trims to me is like Chinese writing

I'm in a very similar position. I have a 'generic' (as they called it back in 2008) Jabbasport stage 1 remap. Over the years I have added various bolt-on mods. I have just had a Pipewerx down pipe and sports cat fitted - can't wait to collect it.

I have vag-com and I'm interested if there is any logging I can do the check the map against the hardware that is now fitted. If acceptable I will run it as is for a while, otherwise I'll throw in some 550's and get a custom map/map tweak. Possibly back a Jabbasport due to their proximity.

Where do you plan to take it to @mattyboy199 ?

I'm in a very similar position. I have a 'generic' (as they called it back in 2008) Jabbasport stage 1 remap. Over the years I have added various bolt-on mods. I have just had a Pipewerx down pipe and sports cat fitted - can't wait to collect it.

I have vag-com and I'm interested if there is any logging I can do the check the map against the hardware that is now fitted. If acceptable I will run it as is for a while, otherwise I'll throw in some 550's and get a custom map/map tweak. Possibly back a Jabbasport due to their proximity.

Where do you plan to take it to @mattyboy199 ?

Not quite sure yet I wanted to put a chinafold on there before a rolling map but been offered a generic map for £200 by the garage installing my hardware. Ultimately would like to get over to badger 5. Dont hear much about jabba sport anymore

If you check fb the chinafolds come up for sale every now and again. You should definitely get a custom map over a generic one.
The travel to Bill at Badger 5 to get work done is definitely worth any amount of travel I'd say.

Reactions: S3AMJ and mattyboy199
Had bad experience with generic MAP, didn’t realise how much better a custom MAP was until I had it done. Had mine re-mapped at R-Tech,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: mattyboy199
Not quite sure yet I wanted to put a chinafold on there before a rolling map but been offered a generic map for £200 by the garage installing my hardware. Ultimately would like to get over to badger 5. Dont hear much about jabba sport anymore

I can't see a new generic map gaining you anything over what you already have.

Jabbasport are still going but look to be more focused on the 2.0T VAGs these days. Give them a call, see what they say. I'm hoping they may look after a returning customer/car.

Go for a custom map if your heading over anything “stage 2” at the end of the day a generic map is a cheap way to free up some extra power, sometimes hinders it. I vote Badger5 all the time, they’ll take the car to its full potential in its given state.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk