Should I help?

wuta3

Reaction score
Hi,

... So my neighbour is walking across the street to his car with an intake in his hand. VW variant, not Audi. Brother from another mother.
... Looks chipper, I think he is looking forward to fitting it.
... Opens bonnet. I spy a 2.0T, "nice" I think.
... Neighbour scratches head, airboxes are tricky to work out how to remove if you havn't done it before.
... Removes cold air feed. Success. Now im waiting for airbox off, wrangle circlip on turbo end.
... Neighbour instead removes cone filter from new intake. What's he up to?
... Neighbour attaches cone filter to the cold air feed on his airbox with jubilee clip.
... Goes and puts the remaining intake tubing in the house.
... Car now double filtered and extra restricted.

Wasn't sure if I should go out and lend a hand (given my endless, unfathomable knowledge). Had my head in my hands but didn't want to deal with the politics of that being my introduction "Hello, you're doing that wrong".

If my neighbour browses forums outside his brand of VW variant "Hello!"

Go and tell him, he is obviously clueless! What if the boot was on the other foot? :thumbsup:

If you like him help him.
If he's a **** let it amuse you for days.

Reactions: wuta3 and gogz s3
How long were you spying on him for? haha.

I would have gave him a hand, but just don't charge in with 'mate, you're doing that wrong' or he may tell you were to stick your help!

How long were you spying on him for? haha.

I would have gave him a hand, but just don't charge in with 'mate, you're doing that wrong' or he may tell you were to stick your help!

lol you make it sound weird. I could see from my couch while eating a bacon sarnie.

Reactions: minty86
Tell him you can improve his cars performance if you can have a go on his wife. Is she fit?

Reactions: TDI_TIM, kanecullen89, Sprintblu3 and 1 other person
Lol. Not popcorn then?

You need to help the man out.

Yea it's tricky tho. I've seen him eyeing up my 8P, don't wanna be billy big balls about it. By the time I clocked what was happening, it was too late. My only choice would have been to inform him of his mistake ... might as well go out there and tell him he is impotent and his wife is cheating on him*

* dont know if either are true.

Reactions: TonyH38
LOL @ this. you mean mean man!

If someone random came up to me with advice on cars, (me knowing sweet FA) id deffo consider some help coming from someone who obviously knows more than i do! lol

I would have gone over looking interested in his car then asking if he had modified it, then move on to what I had done, then offered any help.

You could always ask him if his mod made any difference , as a sort of ice breaker , then move on to make him feel like a total plant pot , if you feel so inclined , or gently put him on the right track , like Marshy said , depends of you like him or not .

Reactions: wuta3
You could go over and say you saw him working on his car ask him what he had done, if it made an improvement, then see if he wants to see yours.

Reactions: wuta3
just walk past next time hes working on it, and say nice car bud

right, if the chance comes up i'll say hi, but im not very good at being nice to people ... or being subtle.

Just say
"I heard your car running the other day and it sounds not right. Do you want me to have a look at it for you?"

Last edited:
Reactions: wuta3 and sidibear
IDEA: I'll challenge him to a drag race. When he looses, he will want some help.