Should I go for these 18's..

Rikster23

On the facelift path...
Reaction score
I have a bog standard Audi A3 1.8SE 8L, pre facelift, in Aluminium Silver.

Running standard horrible 15" on them and want to upgrade to http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/18-RS4-Audi-V...ihZ007QQcategoryZ9888QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

I know the RS4 reps are so common, but what else could I go for?

I havent been able to locate some Avus type alloys on fleabay for some time now.

The price is fair for around £425 inc tyres etc...

Anyone know any better deals?????

Why not look out for some nice seocnd hand quality wheels, like BBS, OZ etc.
You can buy these cheap **** wheels and cheap **** tyres (*** how good can they really be bearing in mind most of us spend more than £425 on a set of tyres only)!!

I think you generally get what you pay for so bearing in mind wheels and tyres are all that keep you from spinning off into bushes, I would have a scout round for some nice BBS wheels and good tyres, secondhand for similar money. If you buy quality wheels, you will fins in a couple of years they will be worth pretty much the same!
I just sold my 17 inch BBS that i paid £400 for 4 years ago, for £360! And drove 50k miles safe in the knowledge I had some of the strongest highest quality wheels out there on my car for 4 years too!
Try Edition 38 forum for some deals (although some sellers on there are dreamers price wise!)

Just an idea!

thing is with my wheels they are getting rarer and rarer so i would hope my wheels are gaining value! paid £800 for them 18months ago and afterall they are nearly 20years old!

they might be common but they look damn good, I only saw few times same wheels on my S3 over the 7 years I had my car, who cares if someone has the same wheels, they are cheap & have tyres & look good, thats all people want, if you want exclusivity then quadruple your budget, for 4-500 I would say its a ****** good deal, I always buy new wheels & tyres when I need new tyres anyway, no point paying huge tyre costs when u can get set of wheels/tyres for same cost as decent tyres these days.

& your right jade goody is common as muck, but if she lost 5 stone & taped her mouth up she might be worth a beery eyed one, lol, lol.

Afraid the A8 wheels are possibly the most pug ugly wheel I have ever seen. Even better is the way people refer to them as RS8 wheels lololol

There better than the ones he showed us originally IMHO of course

Thanks for the ideas, I am not a fan of the A8 alloys, however the S3 S8 style ones are quite nice. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/19-New-S3-S8-...rkparms=72:12|39:1|65:12&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14
However only comes in 19".

I am concerned on reps and their overall quality. But this is only for a while untill I upgrade to my S3 next year.

Surely the RS4 reps that I have shown will be a better upgrade than the standard ones I have.

However if I come across S3 Avus or TT set then I will get those instead of the RS4 alloys.

Thanks all for the comments.

they might be common but they look damn good, I only saw few times same wheels on my S3 over the 7 years I had my car, who cares if someone has the same wheels, they are cheap & have tyres & look good, thats all people want, if you want exclusivity then quadruple your budget, for 4-500 I would say its a ****** good deal, I always buy new wheels & tyres when I need new tyres anyway, no point paying huge tyre costs when u can get set of wheels/tyres for same cost as decent tyres these days.

Are you serious........? A8's are next to chrome spinners on the taste stakes, fella!

reps are not good wheels but for the money you get new tyres and wheels. I think they bill the alloys at 40 quid a alloy. They are soft and can bend fairly easy but you pays your money.

Can I ask what is the offset for my Audi A3 8L.
Its a V reg.

Ive seen some 17's for a decent price.

It states Rim width to be 7.5J, offset 30 and 5 studs. The stud diameter is 100. These are Audi TT alloys, similar to Avus, but minus the gaps.

The second one is Rim width 8J, 18" rims, but doesnt list offset and has 5 studs. These are 18" RS4.

Can someone give me some advice so I can bid on fleabay :)

Thanks

i got them reps on mine. they look wicked and drive nice. did over 1000miles this weekend and drives like a dream m8. go for it.

ther is a set of 17 avus alloys for sale on this site in the classifieds complete with pirelli tyres for £320.00

I checked that, but bidding ended a while ago. Thanks anyway :)

im trying to get rid of my a8's in 18s as im bored of them,would like a swap for something else not 17avus or anything smaller though,cheers

Keep an eye out for the original avus wheels and just add a set of spacers so that they fill the arches.

In regards to spacers, is there a size that I should look out for? or purchase?

Theres a set from MK which I am tempted to pick up if I win the bid.

I have some R8 replicas on mine. No problems so far..Im sure they must meet regulations there must in place be to be road legal. Can't be dangerous anyway. Just clean regularly and use a good wheel sealant to prevent them from corroding. Mind you if I hadn't bought these I would definately hold out for a set of BBS LMs. Can't beat a polished rim......:jump:

Sometoimes better to get proper offset wheels you want rather than use spacers. Proper hubcentrics with bolts can be near 50 quid a corner!!

You can pikc up decent AVus wheels for £200-250 on the bay.

Ive decided to bid for the Avus set and failing that the TT set which is similar to Avus style ones but minus the gaps at the ends.

Hope I get lucky as they are under £200 currently... bidding ends on friday! :)

Rs4 alloys are pretty much just as common if not more common than A8s,:box:

When you guys say it bends, or soft. What do you mean by that? It makes me worry.

Especially if I am bidding on second hand alloys!

Still waiting to see if I will win the bid :p

Ive decided to bid for the Avus set and failing that the TT set which is similar to Avus style ones but minus the gaps at the ends.

Hope I get lucky as they are under £200 currently... bidding ends on friday! :)

pic of my se with TT's standard ride hight

P5100289.jpg

P5100294.jpg

Rob

LOL. Thats quite funny. Ive found a set of Avus S3.

Info - Ronal and are 7.50 x J x 17H2,

Tyre spec is 225/45/17Y. Collection, price is Under £100.

Thoughts? Will this be a stright swop from my A3?

Thanks.

Thats great news, depending if I win. I am going to bring my friend to install them straight away :p

Of course we will check for wear and tear and make sure that there is proper tyre pressure in them.

Speaking of tyre pressures. What do you guys have on yours? Im running 32 on fronts and 40 on the back. I have standard 15" alloys.

Afraid the A8 wheels are possibly the most pug ugly wheel I have ever seen. Even better is the way people refer to them as RS8 wheels lololol
Agree dont like them at all. On the big A8 of course they look great, but doesnt suit the small nimble A3 at all, imo.

As for the RS4's, i think they're among the nicest Audi wheels out there for the A3

Any body fancy a swop for some 19" gallardos??? Fancy a change already!! lol

scott how bout my audi a8s in 18s and soem cash your way. please !!

Well the cars goin for summat ive seen and always wanted: http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/511021.htm... only trouble im having is insurance and selling the s3!!! lol.

Unfortunately the a8's aint to my taste Dan, and would have to sell them if we were to swop. How much cash were you thinking??

And no, the r32 isnt goin to be an every day car!!... I put the lambos up for swops as i originally wanted some bbs ch's but are like rocking horse sh*t to get hold of so kinda bought the lambos to 'put me on' as i thought the avus wheels let it down slightly and hid the gt3 calipers!

Have you been in an old Skyline? The interior is rank, its a lot of money for a potentially unreliable old car, I dont see the attraction with them. Its a possibilty you could seriously regret the change, specially in the long winter months! My 200SX was bad enough during winter.

R34 on the other hand is awesome, but it would have to be totally standard

Never actually been out in an r32 but have sat in plenty! Your absolutely right about the interior, its cr*p to say the least... its all about the drama!!!! the noise of the hks exhaust, the needle of the boost guage rising from 500 raging horses then letting off the throttle and hearing the dv!! its mint! it was the same deal when my mate had his rx7.... It just dosent matter about the cabbin when your in a car like that.... or i could be wrong when i view it on saturday and think its just another plastic bit of jap crap thatll never compare against the all rounded that is the s3!!!