Should I go for Halfords service? Long life or 10k, which one to go for?

Don't use Halfruds, they'll probably use gearbox oil instead of LongLife 507.00 5W30.

Change it every 6 - 9 months.

Thanks.

I was thinking about buying the oil myself and then giving it to Halfords. Is it possible?

I also was thinking about changing oil, filter myself, but then - i wont have a service stamp. Any ideas how to save some money on service and get its all nicely documented for the history?

Many thanks

Sorry, that is a different question, but closely related.

How could I DIY oil and filter change on the driveway, without any special lifting equipment and how many liters of oil would I need to get for my 1.9 tdi ?

Many thanks

Trolly jack, Axel stands. Use a bucket to drain the oil into then put the old oil into the used oil container than take to the dump!

As above the oil extractors work so well and make the oil change a lot easier......well it makes my life doing two cars a lot easier every six months.

keep away from halfords took my car in as had a noise only for them to say i need both front wheel bearings doing at the cost of £349 each which is £50 more than my audi dealer and also turns out the noise was tyre noise (not bearigs) as i had changed my wheels from back to front and there was flats spots on the tyres.