Should I debadge my car? (Poll)

Opinions On Debadging

• Remove A3 Emblem & Audi Rings

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MA3RC

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Toying with the possibility of removing a) the A3 badge b) the Audi rings and the A3 badge. Or changing the colour? The TFSI was removed at factory anyway.

Theme of car:

Back as it stands:

Options:

Remove A3:

Remove A3 and rings:

Black rings:

Black rings and A3 (rubbish edit):

Thanks for your response!

Don't do it- looks ****. Makes it look like a toy.

In my opinion- other opinions are available.

Actually the black looks ok. But still prefer normal.

Debadged- you could have bought a skoda for £5k less.

Reactions: Redgrouse
Just remove the A3 logo, looks cleaner. Not a fan of black rings

Lose the A3 but keep the rings, it looks much 'cleaner' and also keeps it 'factory' (let's face it, Audi will deliver the car like this if you ask them). I think losing the rings is a step too far, looking quite bare, and the black is bit amateur boy racer mods for me.

Reactions: sunscreemer
I like your car a lot and would say either remove the badges or go for the black look....:)

I think the black badges go well with the overall look of your car , last picture Defo , I wanted to delete the model badge but keep the engine badge but this wasn't an option , just to be different . Now I will be just leaving it standard

Last edited:
I always think a debadged car looks like it has been involved in an accident, had the panel replaced but hasn't got the badges stuck back on.

Reactions: ThatOneDude and jimmydougle
last two audis have been white black editions so I black the rings every time and never have the model designation on.

The last A3 I had I rattle canned the black rings white to match the car, really stood out and it's easy to do, worth a try if you fancy something different, happy to tell you how I did it. Might have a pic somewhere.

last two audis have been white black editions so I black the rings every time and never have the model designation on.

The last A3 I had I rattle canned the black rings white to match the car, really stood out and it's easy to do, worth a try if you fancy something different, happy to tell you how I did it. Might have a pic somewhere.
A picture would be good if you have one :) I've seen an 8P around my way with light up rings. Not sure if I liked it, but something different

Ow that's abit too much. I painted mine white to homage the pikes peak car. Got a pic on face book but hard to link it..

Just loose the A3, would look odd with black rings where there is chrome elsewhere. I had a white 8P Blk Ed and the black gloss rings were fine but on yours looks like someone has pinched your rings and left the black adhesive behind.

agree lose A3, Keep rings.
I just have the rings and the tiny Quattro badge. I like the subtle look..

Whatever you do I'd keep the rings. From my snobby opinion, I want people to know I have a premium car from the logo. I don't want someone who's not into cars looking and not understanding how important I am on the road.... :kissmyrings:

Reactions: Brasso, Ignition1 and MA3RC
I was debating this as well. Originally I kept just the A3 badge and removed the "Technology Designation" badge.

The other day I saw a TFSI 1.4 COD - the badge was "TFSI" with "Ultra" underneath it. So I called Audi and asked for it to be re-added...unfortunately I was too late to get it done in the factory (car is being built as I type) but they said it can be added before I collect.

Personally I now prefer to have the badges on. What convinced me was when my elderly father said how, when I was much younger, we used to drive around with me in the passenger seat and we talked about cars - pointing out cars driving on the motorway around us. Because the cars, in those days, used to say "2.7 TSI" or "1.4 TD" etc. - it gave us a bit more information to go on and talk about it. So I thought, well if there is a father and son in a car driving behind me...maybe a little more information about my car will let them have their own discussion.

Reactions: Dtwm1, Zache and Brasso
Some interesting votes here, it's almost a dead heat 30 votes for removing the A3 badge and 29 for leaving it as it is.

I also asked the same question on another forum and the results are 36 for removing the A3 badge and 17 for leaving it as it is.

One of the main reasons for wanting to remove it was that my washmitt always snags on the 'A' and rips a bit off. I'll make my mind up on the weekend and see where I go from there.

I think you know what you want to do really, just do it man it's your car and enjoy tinkering.

Some interesting votes here, it's almost a dead heat 30 votes for removing the A3 badge and 29 for leaving it as it is.

I also asked the same question on another forum and the results are 36 for removing the A3 badge and 17 for leaving it as it is.

One of the main reasons for wanting to remove it was that my washmitt always snags on the 'A' and rips a bit off. I'll make my mind up on the weekend and see where I go from there.
Hey what is that other forum ?

A picture would be good if you have one :) I've seen an 8P around my way with light up rings. Not sure if I liked it, but something different

Just figured out how to post these now.

Errr we can see your reg in pic 2 so why hide it in 1? :D

Had my Daytona SB S line 184 quattro S tronic debadged at factory, so had the rings but nothing else. I've added just the OE quattro badge in the exact position it should be, to match the one on the front grille. So, only rings and 'quattro' front and back.

Reactions: Zache
Interesting thread. My wheels (bought directly from dealer as an inventory sale) was debadged from factory and when I was at the dealer a few days ago and checking new inventory, all the new floor cars also seem to be debadged. Hope mine doesn't get stolen in mistake for something more potent. And yeh, the Audi rings can sometimes take some skin off when washing, if you are not careful!

Interesting thread. My wheels (bought directly from dealer as an inventory sale) was debadged from factory and when I was at the dealer a few days ago and checking new inventory, all the new floor cars also seem to be debadged. Hope mine doesn't get stolen in mistake for something more potent. And yeh, the Audi rings can sometimes take some skin off when washing, if you are not careful!

Very unlikely, MyCarCheck or other similar apps will tell any would be thief what's under the hood.

Btw to OP question, I just remove engine designation and agree with all comments about total debadging looks like a panel refit and blacking out a boy racer car.