Should I cancel S3 order? Thoughts please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The OP is the standard over reaction that VW fears from the public. Something a child would think after watching it on the news. Long story short, the company will be fine after the $hitstorm is over. I'm surprised the OP even knew VW owns Audi, lol because most of the general public have no clue. However, diesel most definitely took a hit from this scandal.

Reactions: Kugaman1
Personally, I think you made the right decision. I will not be buying another VAG car... Ever again. I'm more ****** now about my resale value because of this. Just pure deliberate intentions, makes me really wonder, what else are they lying about?

The sucky part about this, they will most likely not get in trouble as much as they should. Corporate greed needs to and has to be punished to the fullest.

Well so far no change on resale. WBAC offering same for my TDI I am due to sell in next couple of months ( S3 bw 43)
As for the ops question.
Depends on your reason for cancelling.
If it is because you are unhappy with VAG and their credibility , then fair enough.
If you think it will affect your ownership of a S3 and resale , I doubt in the long run it will make any difference.
To be sure , I got my revised qoute from WBAC yesterday so if my car drops suddenly over next few weeks I will have evidence in a claim against VW.
Watching a MEP interviewed last night it was clear that the EU are ready to help VW , whilst appearing to take action. She said under EU rules VW would not have a problem as our tests are different , but they will now rush through new regs ,for new cars being built in the future.
We have to be realistic . VW is such a huge part of the German (and thereby EU) economy we cannot afford them to suffer too much.
They will pay fines , some individuals may be punished and new regs will be made for say 2017 onwards and current cars not really affected...
So in short ,I really do not think there is any reason to cancel the order. I know I won't.
I might get affected with the resale of my Tdi as I need to sell in the next eight weeks and panic might create a temporary dip in value.

Tbh, Im amazed the dealership let him cancel on the basis of this thread?

The emissions were on diesels anyway!

Maybe a bit of trolling going on? Maybe buyers remorse and this gave him a get out?

Reactions: Jassyo06
UK VW dealerships reporting sales are down in the last 2 days.

1 dealership reports 1 car sold yesterday, compared to 6 on the same day last week.

Ultimately, when the affected cars are recalled for the "fix" - they are going to be slower and thirstier when they come back out!

Not sure they will need any fix in the UK./EU as we do not have the same regs yet. I am sure they will have to make changes to new cars at some time in the future.
The real danger is with sales going down , they discount more and the value of our cars go down . That is the conundrum for them , as it will upset current owners . The only way they can get around that is "buy back" secondhand cars by giving dealers an allowance to try to keep s/ h prices up.

With the logic of some of these trolls I can't wait for the RS3 sedan to hit the shores and get it at half price! Man people just loooove drama...

Reactions: Simon L
Not sure they will need any fix in the UK./EU as we do not have the same regs yet. I am sure they will have to make changes to new cars at some time in the future.
The real danger is with sales going down , they discount more and the value of our cars go down . That is the conundrum for them , as it will upset current owners . The only way they can get around that is "buy back" secondhand cars by giving dealers an allowance to try to keep s/ h prices up.

You are correct, there is no NOx measurement in UK/EU legislation yet. Undoubtedly though, there will be a recall in the US for the affected cars there.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2015/09/24/uk-usa-volkswagen-letters-exclusive-idUKKCN0RO0AY20150924

I pick up my new S3 next week, and in the back of my head I am wondering if this will have an effect on resale value. But like someone said earlier in the thread, you're always taking that risk when you buy a new car. TDI drivers should probably be a little more worried, but I'm pretty confident petrols will hold their value, especially as they're now beginning to be seen as more economical (from what I can tell) than dirty diesels.

Majority of the public don't care. Because people care more about the Kardashians and who is or who's not PC on TV. All this panic is the standard social media wildfire that'll dissipate in a few days as trolls look for other juicer fresh news to jump on and rant about.

Reactions: Martinbanshee, slayaz, Simon L and 2 others
I'd love everyone to cancel their S3 orders and for nobody to order one again!!! The less there are on the roads the higher the price will be on used ones :)

As it stands there are only 31 two year old 3 door S3's in the UK for sale on Auto trader....rare now!

I'd love everyone to cancel their S3 orders and for nobody to order one again!!! The less there are on the roads the higher the price will be on used ones :)

As it stands there are only 31 two year old 3 door S3's in the UK for sale on Auto trader....rare now!

. . and even less saloons I'll bet. Love it ;)

. . and even less saloons I'll bet. Love it ;)
I'm surprised, but NO they are common as muck lol :D

Used Cars for Sale   Auto Trader UK

Reactions: Simon L
Wow, can't believe you **** jockeys are still keeping this thread going. I must have hit a nerve. Feeling a bit nervous are we? Please keep it up, I'm in ****** stitches reading this!

Comparing a £36000 car to a pizza? And you call me a troll!? That's just plain ****** retarded.

S3 is cancelled and I have a refund. Get over it.

I'll leave you here with your heads up your *****, hiding from the ********* that's about to unfold. It's not like you've actually read a word I've written anyway.

Keep it going so I can have a laugh at you tomorrow. And thanks, it's cheered me up after a very disappointing start to the week. Can't wait to see your reactions when it's announced they have been fiddling the petrol results too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, can't believe you **** jockeys are still keeping this thread going. I must have hit a nerve. Feeling a bit nervous are we? Please keep it up, I'm in ****** stitches reading this!

Comparing a £36000 car to a pizza? And you call me a troll!? That's just plain ****** retarded.

S3 is cancelled and I have a refund. Get over it.

I'll leave you here with your heads up your *****, hiding from the ********* that's about to unfold. It's not like you've actually read a word I've written anyway.

Keep it going so I can have a laugh at you tomorrow. And thanks, it's cheered me up after a very disappointing start to the week. Can't wait to see your reactions when it's announced they have been fiddling the petrol results too.
@TurboBen - Can you try & not by pass the swear filter plez
I've * the relevant words
Some of ASN members children read the forum too

Thanks in advance :thumbs up:

As its your thread and it seems we are not going anywhere now you've cancelled your S3 saloon order I am of a mind to lock this thread now

Bristle Hound said:
Some of ASN members children read the forum too

After reading #98 I think some post as well!!! :p

Reactions: Supa Koopa and Kugaman1
Seems a lot of those children post too, maybe you should try keeping a bit better control of them.

Reactions: voorhees
Thread Locked

Reactions: voorhees, Jassyo06, DAYTONA 500 and 1 other person
Status
Not open for further replies.