Should I Be Worried About High Mileage?

BradA3G

A4 Avant S-Line
Reaction score
Hi,

My Audi A3 Is just coming up to 130,000 miles, and its a 1.6 petrol, its been regularly serviced, and still sounds and feels like the engine is fine :)

Should I be worried about having 130,000 on a petrol engine D:

In a word...no...keep it maintained and there is no reason why it should go bust on you

Coming up to 100K on my 1.6 FSI, just had a new clutch, which was cheaper than a diesel one would have been (no DMF).
It had to have the cam chain changed (under warranty) at 32K - bad things may happen at any time.
I am not worried....

At least we don't have the BKD with it's apparently chocolate conrods :), or that other diesel variant (forget which) where the cylinder heads are made of chocolate.

Reactions: BradA3G
Coming up to 100K on my 1.6 FSI, just had a new clutch, which was cheaper than a diesel one would have been (no DMF).
It had to have the cam chain changed (under warranty) at 32K - bad things may happen at any time.
I am not worried....

At least we don't have the BKD with it's apparently chocolate conrods :), or that other diesel variant (forget which) where the cylinder heads are made of chocolate.

Yeah i guess thats true :)

but mine is only a 55 plate so its been doing over the average every year D: haha

Mine is also a 55 plate - I've done 35k in 2.5 years, so I'm helping it along.

Ive got a 55reg 2.0L TDi DSG

Currently just a tad under 138k.
Cambelt, waterpump been done last year for the 2nd time and Dual Mass Flywheel done last week.

Running sweet as anything.

Turbo will need doing in the foreseeable future but apart from that everything is crisp!

Aslong as they are looked after and maintained regularly they go on for a good while :D !