Should a Replaced Mechatronics Last Longer?

fast-ferret

Reaction score
Before my ownership of my S4 (in 2016) the mechatronics were replaced under warranty at 40k miles (it's a 2013 MY), I can see the part number for the new unit was 8k2 927 156L - I was wondering, does anyone know if this will be a revised unit which should be less prone to failure than the earlier model years? I don't have any problems at present with the gearbox but I'm wondering how concerned I should be, being as this seems a very common failure item.

Might be a question for Audizine as mechatronic failures seem far more common there, unless that's just a skewed impression, possibly because Audizine has more members? I'm not sure..

They're supposed to be but, I think that's more assumed than confirmed. The 'delicate' years are supposed to be between 2009 and 2013. Again though. I think that's made up as accurate and representative stats would be difficult to collate.

Out of interest, when was your S4 registered? Mine was December 2013 and would be classed as a 2014MY, according to the VIN.

Paul

They're supposed to be but, I think that's more assumed than confirmed. The 'delicate' years are supposed to be between 2009 and 2013. Again though. I think that's made up as accurate and representative stats would be difficult to collate.

Out of interest, when was your S4 registered? Mine was December 2013 and would be classed as a 2014MY, according to the VIN.

Paul

Mine was March 2013 and is a 2013MY according to the VIN (D).

Having a look, the PCB went through several revisions but I'm not sure what PCB was fitted to the mechatronics I've got.