Shotgun shell wheel nut covers.......Testing the water

MTRL

Split Grill!
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've made myself some wheel nut covers from spent shotgun shells. I am wandering, if there are enough people who are interested I might make a load more and try and sell them.
As 8P owners and modifiers we all must have similar mindsets so i'd like your opinions please, would anyone be interested or are they just ****?

At the moment, I don't have one that would fit over a locking wheel nut, is this the major downfall in my get rich quick scheme?

Here are some photos, let me know what you think.

Thanks.......

DSC08462_zps968f68af.jpg

DSC08464_zpsfd908aea.jpg

No thanks, makes the nice wheels look tacky.

When you say you made them, you removed the plastic bit and blu-tac'd them on? Not sure if it is going to make you rich

When you say you made them, you removed the plastic bit and blu-tac'd them on? Not sure if it is going to make you rich

Not that complex, I sliced a couple of cm's off the end popped them on. They fit perfectly. I can feel the money rolling in already, Ill be in the RS3 forum next week just you watch.

Reactions: OCD-A3 and slade777
Look ok in first pic but at an angle they changed colour to a goldish which doesnt suit the rims but your car your flavour etc etc lol

Look ok in first pic but at an angle they changed colour to a goldish which doesnt suit the rims but your car your flavour etc etc lol

They also changed from Fiocchi's to Eley's :p

I had both silver and gold ones so took photos of both to see which looked more suitable. just an idea, thought id see what reactions they would get.

Yes I'm afraid it's not for me. I shoot with Eleys and the shooting scene is not really associated with Audi A3s!

there is a place for shotgun cartridges, and that is loaded ready to fire! Nice idea though.

Yes I'm afraid it's not for me. I shoot with Eleys and the shooting scene is not really associated with Audi A3s!

there is a place for shotgun cartridges, and that is loaded ready to fire! Nice idea though.

Do these shells tend to rust too?

Thanks,

Not for me either but i bet you'd sell shed loads on eBay.....

I wouldn't have them on the simple fact that half the police force have nothing better to do than find an issue with your car, imagine when you get pulled over and he says 'how have you got your hands on 20 shotgun shells' lol I know it's an innocent mod but I've known police been petty over a lot less. You would defo get a jobs worth copper confiscating them off your car for no other reason than he can lol

I wouldn't have them on the simple fact that half the police force have nothing better to do than find an issue with your car, imagine when you get pulled over and he says 'how have you got your hands on 20 shotgun shells' lol I know it's an innocent mod but I've known police been petty over a lot less. You would defo get a jobs worth copper confiscating them off your car for no other reason than he can lol

From what i can gather i think he does clay pigeon shooting or along the lines of, there is nothing wrong against that.

I've seen these on eBay before and they look good on the right wheels, OEM Audi wheels arn't one of them. Seen them on some Porche wheels and 3SDM 0.005's in white. I'd actually be interested in some silver ones to try with my Dare LP5's if you could get ones big enough for the locking wheel nut.

I know there's nothing wrong with that., I'm from out in the sticks originally so have been shooting a few times in my 28 years so I can think of plenty of reasons to have them but I know what some police are like and I'd guarantee you'd get the odd 1 or 2 who would have a problem with them.

Is there any chance of them working themselves loose? They'd do some serious damage, especially at 70mph.

They also changed from Fiocchi's to Eley's :p[/QUOTE]

was on my iPhone so didn't have a bug enough screen to zoom in

If you're willing to ship to the US, I think you could make a killing selling them to drivers of lifted trucks over here! :D

Thanks everyone, all comments very welcome.

I think ill test them out for a month or so on mine or a friends car to see if they rust or work loose. I think the acid test for if they will sell is if they get pinched at any point.

The comment about the police is a very good point, I've never had a bad experience when the police take an interest in my car but I can imagine some police would not like this.

Think they'd look better against a different coloured wheel. They also look like they're not on properly, you'll need to get the all sitting straight before you sell any big numbers.

They look ok, but no so much on Standard alloys.