1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shortened Rear Number Plate Pic Request

DickoB8 Nov 10, 2018

1. DickoB8

DickoB8 A4 Avant S Line Excecutive

We have just bought a private reg for our B8 which is 6 characters so I’m wanting to fit a slightly shorter rear plate as the B8 recess is perfect for this and the other model avants I’ve seen it tidies up the back end nicely! Does anybody have any pictures of their car with a shorter plate fitted?

Thanks
    Nick

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. JG51 AUD

JG51 AUD Well-Known Member Team Glacier Supercharged TFSI Owners Group Team V6 Gold Supporter Audi S5 Black Edition quattro

If I remember right @Chop. did this mod.

Search chops build thread.

JG

4. Super Nintendo Chalmers

Super Nintendo Chalmers Member TeamMisano TFSI Owners Group saloon Audi A4 S-line owners group

@DickoB8

I'm looking to do the same, what are you planing to do with the front plate - off centre or place it in its usual position?

5. DickoB8

Will be just fitting a standard sized one on the front as the recess is designed for a standard one and looks daft with a short one in my opinion

6. Russboy

Russboy Active Member Supercharged Audi S4

Have a full size plate on the rear, but shorter on the front.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

q5man likes this.
  7. DickoB8

Now that looks well but you have the different grill with no recess, for now I’ll be keeping the standard grill but I do like that ^^^

8. Russboy

Yes I guess with no recess the plate size doesn't matter as there is no real edge either side.

9. Meemo

Meemo Well-Known Member Supercharged Audi S5 Black Edition

Sorry it isn't an avant, but the recess is borderless same as the avant, there are factory holes underneath to fit a plate so just have to make sure you don't go too short else these will be on show. Have seen the shorter ones on avants and looks spot on, just no pics to share!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

holes underneath:
    [​IMG]

DickoB8 likes this.
  10. Cerbera9

Cerbera9 Well-Known Member

CEEA0A4F-FCA5-497F-B72D-EB0A5DF6AC18.jpeg

DickoB8 likes this.
  11. Tashfeen

Tashfeen S4 - the smile per mile machine! Team Glacier Supercharged TFSI Owners Group Team V6 VCDS Map User Team Scuba Audi S4 Audi A3 Black Edition quattro

Yo @Russboy how did you manage to put the S4 badge on the mesh grill. Custom bracket? Would you mind sharing the details. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

13. Russboy

Bought this:

[​IMG]

It allows it to clamp to the grill

Tashfeen likes this.
  14. Tashfeen

Tashfeen S4 - the smile per mile machine! Team Glacier Supercharged TFSI Owners Group Team V6 VCDS Map User Team Scuba Audi S4 Audi A3 Black Edition quattro

Cheers mate . Will order one for mine as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Russboy

Cool, although you can't order from that seller as they are no longer registered.

Tip for you, spray the mounting threads and bracket(s) black first so that they don't show through the grill.

Tashfeen likes this.
  16. Rich76

Rich76 Active Member TFSI Owners Group Team Phantom Audi A4 S-line owners group

I have a short plate on the front but standard on the rear with a gb badge on as I travel a lot in Europe

Attached Files:

17. Neil Woodburn

Neil Woodburn An Old Jock

Last edited: Nov 17, 2018
    DickoB8 likes this.
  18. Marky007

Marky007 A4 Sline Team Silver saloon TDi Audi A4 S-line owners group Manual

19. Bulldog

Bulldog Well-Known Member Team Floret Silver TDi Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group S-line owners group

@DickoB8 b8 Not an A4 but I went for a short rear gel plate on my A6 as I’ve got a 5 digit plate.

FB8F2509-EAB8-465B-9B91-D31191B3B9C0.jpeg

DickoB8 likes this.
  20. DickoB8

That’s looks well, I’m yet to order a short plate for the rear yet I’ve just slapped some standard ones on for now. I’ll definitely get one ordered soon!

21. Bulldog

Bulldog Well-Known Member Team Floret Silver TDi Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group S-line owners group

I got them Ebay & they was delivered within a couple of days.

DickoB8 likes this.