Short term RS3 insurance?

Spinstorm

Reaction score
My current insurance expires on Sunday - there is a chance I may not be able to collect my new RS3 until Tuesday/Wednesday next week (Although I hope it will be either Friday/Saturday). My current insurer does not offer short term insurance.

I may need temporary short term insurance for a few days. But I have tried 3 different short term insurance companies and they won’t quote me for an RS3 at all!

Any one have any experience of this?

Just change it to the new car now? Are you p/x'ing the current one? Perhaps the place that you are buying from will cover the old car for a few days?

TX.

When I bought the RSQ3 my insurer at the time changed it over but also covered my old car (SQ5) for a few weeks while I sold it on. I think it was LV

May be easier to renew your existing insurance and then request it to be changed to the new car on the day of the pickup and swallow the extra admin fee would be another option.

Reactions: 8YARWY and Jassyo06
If your purchasing the car from a Audi dealer they can give 7 days Audi car insurance for free done it with my last 3 cars

Reactions: Mike.46 and NevMan
May be easier to renew your existing insurance and then request it to be changed to the new car on the day of the pickup and swallow the extra admin fee would be another option.

This and what Ju said above, we did the same on a car where insurance change over was at a similar time to purchase, the insurer at the time put the new car on cover whilst keeping our old car up until the change over date.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Audi do a weeks free insurance don’t they? They did for me.

Reactions: NevMan
Yeah Audi do a weeks insurance for free. Not sure if it's new cars only though.

Yeah Audi do a weeks insurance for free. Not sure if it's new cars only though.
F9E912BA F018 4D53 B905 83062703F350

Reactions: RS03???, Sandra, Mike.46 and 1 other person
take 5 days from audi :) not sure if its only with new cars
I did took twice as needed

The question was about the 2018 RS3 and maybe having to drive it after my renewal had passed so I wasn’t insured.
But that doesn’t matter now as I am picking up the new car on Friday (same day I post this) and I am using the 5 day insurance with the new car.

In terms of answers to my questions: Insuring the 2018 and then moving it to the 2022 would make the most sense as long as both premiums were reasonable.

Reactions: abmat