Shiny Colour coded callipers

Reaction score
So rather than get bored today I thought I'd do something I've been meaning to do for a while and spray my grotty old callipers. So I woke up bright and early and took a trip to hellfrauds. I bought a wire brush, brake cleaner, some assorted wet and dry, and some very high temperature red paint.

So to start I took the wheels off and got cleaning.
b860233b.jpg

they came up quite nicely.
deddc4cc.jpg

then I masked up. You can never cover up too much.
2cf536d9.jpg

and then it was time to spray.
db052a92.jpg

a few coats with a bit of drying time, then a few coats of laquer. Then once dried I unmasked ready to put the wheel back on.
0e7d2d7a.jpg

And then the finished article.
3442dc69.jpg

i was pleased with how they turned out, just got to find time to do the rears now. My first mod (sort of) hopefully of many.

Reactions: Harrelson, Rob W8 and Paullie
Thanks mate. I've been meaning to do it for a while now. It was really easy to be honest. It's cheap and makes a nice difference.

What a massive difference! Hat's off to you Dude, you've done a grand job there. Unbelievable how good they look! :wub: xx

Great job

Small things like painted callipers make a huge difference to the cars appearance!

looking good! but slightly concerned about all those pics of children you have?! hahaha ;)

looking good! but slightly concerned about all those pics of children you have?! hahaha ;)
Oi! Got bored of the local rag, so cancelled it a while ago. Last years kids competition (which my daughter was in) was all I could find. On the next side I was using some of the copious amounts of pages from my girlfriends phone bill!

hey bud, nice work looks nice, i did mine the other day, when you do your rears have a look at the metal plate behind the disc as they tend to rust, i painted mine when doing my callipers, have a looks at the pics:

before:
7053225391_d45e6aa2b8_z.jpg

after:
7053226933_f537a824f3_z.jpg

Thanks for the heads up mate. I've got a tin of black somewhere, might come in handy by the looks of it.

hey bud, nice work looks nice, i did mine the other day, when you do your rears have a look at the metal plate behind the disc as they tend to rust, i painted mine when doing my callipers, have a looks at the pics:

before:
7053225391_d45e6aa2b8_z.jpg

after:
7053226933_f537a824f3_z.jpg

What black did you use to paint the dust shield?

Very nice, this was something I'd planned from day 1 before I even got the car but am yet to get stuck in! It doesn't look too taxing so might have to give it a go over summer :)

that looks good! i love the shine you have on it... may need to redo mine again now

the black paint on the rears look good too... my dust guard rusted and fell to peices so i need to replace them... may just spray them up before fitting them :)

They look really good mate! In the past I have painted mine using high temp paint and a brush, which takes longer a looks worse! Defo better off spraying them!

Agree a fine job, so from this one who has been a multi-concours winner may I suggest that to make everything look even better.................
1. paint the rusty disc edges in the same heat resistant paint i.e. same colour as callipers.
2. paint/spray the rusty or discoloured wheel hub bright silver.

Looks really good but I thought you'd have to at least take the caliper off the disk if not take it apart to paint it this well.

that looks good! i love the shine you have on it... may need to redo mine again now

the black paint on the rears look good too... my dust guard rusted and fell to peices so i need to replace them... may just spray them up before fitting them :)

mine rusted up aswell getting them replaced now.