Sheridan's S3

sheridan94

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

Few of you may know ive wanted a S3 for a good 18 months.
I started searching for one the start of September. When i originally started i just wanted a bog standard prefacelift S3.
After a fair bit of researching and trying a few out i decided that I wanted to go a bit more upmarket.

The spec I wanted was pretty ****ing hard to find so i made a competition of it, even though i had a long list of sites i was checking twice a day :lol:
http://www.corsa-c.co.uk/forum/show...e-a-new-car-and-win-a-cash-prize-!&highlight=

Finally the start of this week my dad comes running upstaurs with Laptop in hand with a S3 that had just been listed on the net and it had the perfect spec.
2 days later I managed to get down to the garage in Hoddesdon, Hertfordshire (250mile one way) and eveyrthing ticked my boxes and put a deposit on it :)

Here she is:
20141106_145223_zpsc9632355.jpg

20141106_145236_zpseb843b2f.jpg

20141106_145254_zpsca210e80.jpg

20141106_145213_zps6349ea9a.jpg

20141106_145155_zpsba4ccbc2.jpg

The spec has every optional bar one or two !
  • Dolphin Grey (Rare as rocking horse **** on S3's I believe)
  • 58 plate with 43K on the clock FASH
  • Audi Media system
  • Full Bose speaker system
  • Flat bottom steering wheel
  • Recaro wingback's - The main reason i wanted this car.
  • DRL's
  • Loads of other **** i cant think of!
Im picking the car up on the 15th, should be a sweet journey! Driving the corsa now feels so so slow. But i will be keeping it as a daily :)

Thats all for now, Thanks for looking :)

Reactions: Davjon747, micks378 and Compkiler
Hope you enjoy it,and good find.

Just remember....this place will cost you even more money!

Reactions: Hookmonster, S3DUST and voorhees
Picked the car up today. What a machine :D
Really pleased with it. Although after a 550 mile round trip i'm exhausted.

Few little plans for now.
Heko wind deflectors
Get my Private plate transfered
Recaro decals on rear of my seats.
Dewiper the rear. I can see that the tailgate lid is rather straight forward to remove. But i cant find much info on removing the wiper. Also i want to fit a flush glass delete. Can anyone recommend where to get one from and how do you go about fitting. I cant find any tutorials.

Still cant see any tutorials on how to remove tge wiper and the motor. Im off work in a few weeks time so i will investigate then.

Today i had a play and put these on the rear of the buckets.
4611b25579b0a3bbcf4ac6d951731f79.jpg

But i wasnt happy with how thet sat as the curvuture on the rear of the seats caused alot of bubbles and creases :/ they were also on the large side :p
So there off and some smaller ones are getting made up :)

Gave the car its first clean.
Therefore some generic snowfoam photos :)
15faee4516d3b5503465af3bc3781d10.jpg

eb0ffa23f6871b9e3794e3e712720e66.jpg

For some weird reason i didnt actually take any pictures after :p
But heres one of the corsa feeling sorry for itself
33f6a863f56915e297d7719778a9899f.jpg

Thats it for now. I promise it will get more interesting :p

Hi Everyone

Few of you may know ive wanted a S3 for a good 18 months.
I started searching for one the start of September. When i originally started i just wanted a bog standard prefacelift S3.
After a fair bit of researching and trying a few out i decided that I wanted to go a bit more upmarket.

The spec I wanted was pretty ****ing hard to find so i made a competition of it, even though i had a long list of sites i was checking twice a day :lol:
http://www.corsa-c.co.uk/forum/show...e-a-new-car-and-win-a-cash-prize-!&highlight=

Finally the start of this week my dad comes running upstaurs with Laptop in hand with a S3 that had just been listed on the net and it had the perfect spec.
2 days later I managed to get down to the garage in Hoddesdon, Hertfordshire (250mile one way) and eveyrthing ticked my boxes and put a deposit on it :)

Here she is:
20141106_145223_zpsc9632355.jpg

20141106_145236_zpseb843b2f.jpg

20141106_145254_zpsca210e80.jpg

20141106_145213_zps6349ea9a.jpg

20141106_145155_zpsba4ccbc2.jpg

The spec has every optional bar one or two !
  • Dolphin Grey (Rare as rocking horse **** on S3's I believe)
  • 58 plate with 43K on the clock FASH
  • Audi Media system
  • Full Bose speaker system
  • Flat bottom steering wheel
  • Recaro wingback's - The main reason i wanted this car.
  • DRL's
  • Loads of other **** i cant think of!
Im picking the car up on the 15th, should be a sweet journey! Driving the corsa now feels so so slow. But i will be keeping it as a daily :)

Thats all for now, Thanks for looking :)
Love the buckets, I want them in mine but after seeing the mess thieves have made of people's cars nicking these seats it's put me off.

Love the buckets, I want them in mine but after seeing the mess thieves have made of people's cars nicking these seats it's put me off.
Ive read the horror stories online with peoples rs4's crazy hoe many have been broken in to. But i live in a safe little town in wales and its hidden nicley :)

The car wouldnt be half the motor it is without them ;)

Car looks the business m8

Great to see you finally found what your looking for, can be annoying at times when your looking 24/7 and the cars are not ticking your personal boxes lol.

Wind deflectors are a must on the 8P so good thinking there :p

I deleted the rear wiper on my sportback a3 but putting it back on, car doesnt look right and now with the poor weather really could do with a rear wiper again.
So just a little heads up from me that the rear wiper delete wears off after a while :D

Keep the content coming! :thumbs up:

Car looks the business m8

Great to see you finally found what your looking for, can be annoying at times when your looking 24/7 and the cars are not ticking your personal boxes lol.

Wind deflectors are a must on the 8P so good thinking there :p

I deleted the rear wiper on my sportback a3 but putting it back on, car doesnt look right and now with the poor weather really could do with a rear wiper again.
So just a little heads up from me that the rear wiper delete wears off after a while :D

Keep the content coming! :thumbs up:
Cheers omy ;)

Yeah man its great. Feels like im free now. I had 5 sites i was checking twice a day to find the right one hah

In terms of wiper deletes. Ive removed on my previous corsa and loved it, even throughout the crap weather etc. And the fact i actually sell dewiper grommets on ebay i cant say no :p haha

Nice car mate! Lucky you found it in the time you did, took me 6-7 months to find the spec I wanted at the price I wanted. I tell you what, I never knew looking for a car could be so stressful and depressing.

Nice car mate! Lucky you found it in the time you did, took me 6-7 months to find the spec I wanted at the price I wanted. I tell you what, I never knew looking for a car could be so stressful and depressing.
Thanks very much ;) i feel ive been lucky too! Only took 2 months of solid looking :) i thought it was just me finding it stressful.

6 months is absoloutley horrible :O if i would have had to have waited that long i would have had a few more ££'s to spent and probably would have come home with a RS4

Its been a tough 10 days arranging it all as it was 250 miles away and the fact i werent sure if i cluld get insured on it until i was 21 ( january) but ive managed to overcome all the obstacles :)

For me it had to have buckets and sunroof, everything else could be retrofitted. I guess what spurred me on was the fact I kept getting near misses ie right spec but high mileage lol.

For me it had to have buckets and sunroof, everything else could be retrofitted. I guess what spurred me on was the fact I kept getting near misses ie right spec but high mileage lol.
I decided sunroof was to much to ask for :p aslong as it had buckets :)
I had a few. One being the perfect white s3 with buckets then finding out it had 12k finance on :/ ohh well all happens for a reason :p

Count yourself lucky, at 20 I was driving a Vauxhall Nova 1.3SR lol. Got a bit of extra power out of it by fitting high lift cams loool

Count yourself lucky, at 20 I was driving a Vauxhall Nova 1.3SR lol. Got a bit of extra power out of it by fitting high lift cams loool
Luckily mine was a 1.8 SRi ! Had a fair bit of a kick to it. Was pretty lucky to get it when i was 18 :)

can anyone reccomend any decent LED numberplate lights ?

I understand alot of them dont sit flush ?

Cheers :)

can anyone reccomend any decent LED numberplate lights ?

I understand alot of them dont sit flush ?

Cheers :)

OEM ones from audi, and to remove the wiper flip up the cap on the wiper arm, under there should be a 13mm nut if i remember correctly. Then take the plastic inside the boot off and to remove the wiper motor is then self explanatory when you see the nuts securing the wiper to the boot lid.

i think theres a link in my thread to the glass bung that you were after

Nice to see you finally bought one, its a cracker that!!
Thanks dave ! Absoloutley everything i wanted :)
OEM ones from audi, and to remove the wiper flip up the cap on the wiper arm, under there should be a 13mm nut if i remember correctly. Then take the plastic inside the boot off and to remove the wiper motor is then self explanatory when you see the nuts securing the wiper to the boot lid.

i think theres a link in my thread to the glass bung that you were after
Great :) any part numbers to be found for them ?

Had a look at your thread on saw the one yiu bought. Was the sealwnt included with it ?

Thanks dave ! Absoloutley everything i wanted :)

Great :) any part numbers to be found for them ?

Had a look at your thread on saw the one yiu bought. Was the sealwnt included with it ?

4H0 943 021
4H0 943 022

And yes, sealant is included but you have to select it as an optional extra and pay for it

Reactions: sheridan94
4H0 943 021
4H0 943 022

And yes, sealant is included but you have to select it as an optional extra and pay for it
Your a legend :) and there LED's and not the grim yellow'ish ones standard :)

Brilliant mate, thanks ! Got a expensive weekend away this one coming so as soon as paydays been ill be ordering :)

Your a legend :) and there LED's and not the grim yellow'ish ones standard :)

Brilliant mate, thanks ! Got a expensive weekend away this one coming so as soon as paydays been ill be ordering :)

They are LED indeed, and just the right amount of light, not chav light up the whole road if you get me.

I think they are around £17 each now though but worth it.

You might want to research if they work on the 8p3 as I saw something a while back that said they can give a bulb out warning on the facelift without coding with vagcom. Never really read it in detail as I've never wanted a facelift 8p so that's as much help as I can be.

They are LED indeed, and just the right amount of light, not chav light up the whole road if you get me.

I think they are around £17 each now though but worth it.

You might want to research if they work on the 8p3 as I saw something a while back that said they can give a bulb out warning on the facelift without coding with vagcom. Never really read it in detail as I've never wanted a facelift 8p so that's as much help as I can be.

Brilliant thank you.

Thats ridicolous if thats true haha! But if the case i imagine aftermarkets would be no hassle with warning lights etc ?

Brilliant thank you.

Thats ridicolous if thats true haha! But if the case i imagine aftermarkets would be no hassle with warning lights etc ?

I guess, trouble with aftermarket is they don't last long. I've had oem ones for nearly 2 years without a single issue.

I guess, trouble with aftermarket is they don't last long. I've had oem ones for nearly 2 years without a single issue.
Yeah its a bit if a bummer with cheap leds had issues on my corsa.

And your right about errors popping up.

Apparently festoon bulbs are good but have melted parts on within the lighting units of a few members :/

But i have seen a definitive guide now for facelifts and they say these are the boys
http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/280738675079?_mwBanner=1

Last edited:
Hi all :)

Ordered a few things. Should get them fitted over the weekend :)

I have had the car 3 weeks this saturday and drove a steady 1000 or so miles with it :) i want to now start thinking about gains. First point of call, i would like to get a exhaust system. I want to go for a militek system non res.

To get gains what exactly do i need ? do i need a sports cat to gain ? I read on a site you would need a stage 2 remap to run the sports cat ?

Any advice and some links for what i need to starting working towards stage 2+ would help as then i can get some money together and get it done :)

Cheers

Last edited:
You need a 3" downpipe to run stage 2... Cat is hit or miss, decat is illegal and wont pass a mot, unless you know someone ;)

Stage 1 needs no supporting mods

Stage 2 needs full turbo back exhaust and cold air induction

Stage 2+ needs all of the above + a hpfp or hpfp internals....

All of the above stages will need mapped by a tuner of course... You might also want to take into consideration if you have a manual and want to take your car above stage 1.. You might want to budget for an uprated clutch as it wont handle that power for too long... And theres the obvious safety aspect in the stopping power... Going big power is better with better stopping power... At least take that into consideration... Because when tuned its an extremely powerful car when compared to a corsa :)

Ps... Better leaving stickers off the seats!

Good luck...

You need a 3" downpipe to run stage 2... Cat is hit or miss, decat is illegal and wont pass a mot, unless you know someone ;)

Stage 1 needs no supporting mods

Stage 2 needs full turbo back exhaust and cold air induction

Stage 2+ needs all of the above + a hpfp or hpfp internals....

All of the above stages will need mapped by a tuner of course... You might also want to take into consideration if you have a manual and want to take your car above stage 1.. You might want to budget for an uprated clutch as it wont handle that power for too long... And theres the obvious safety aspect in the stopping power... Going big power is better with better stopping power... At least take that into consideration... Because when tuned its an extremely powerful car when compared to a corsa :)

Ps... Better leaving stickers off the seats!

Good luck...
Cheers jacko.

My tuning knowledge is gravy.

Can i ask what exactly is hpfp thats mentioned on stage 2+ ?

Also i had already decided an uprated clutch was neccesary.

from what i understand the car is running a map at the moment. Need to get it on a RR and see what its making

Not a fan of the stickers ? They were a little big haha

Cheers jacko.

My tuning knowledge is gravy.

Can i ask what exactly is hpfp thats mentioned on stage 2+ ?

Also i had already decided an uprated clutch was neccesary.

from what i understand the car is running a map at the moment. Need to get it on a RR and see what its making

Not a fan of the stickers ? They were a little big haha

The HPFP is the high pressure fuel pump for the direct injection system.

The stock pump cannot supply sufficient fuel at peak load on Stg2+,and drops torque as a result,so compnaies such as Loba,APR and Autotech have produced uprated pumps to produce the extra flow.

For an off the shelf pump,the Loba seems to be the pump of choice currently,or if you're good at building things up in clean areas,the Autotech will do the same job for less,but includes some DIY.

The HPFP is the high pressure fuel pump for the direct injection system.

The stock pump cannot supply sufficient fuel at peak load on Stg2+,and drops torque as a result,so compnaies such as Loba,APR and Autotech have produced uprated pumps to produce the extra flow.

For an off the shelf pump,the Loba seems to be the pump of choice currently,or if you're good at building things up in clean areas,the Autotech will do the same job for less,but includes some DIY.

As soon as i posted that reply i figured it out haha... im such a tool.

I think loba will be my choice. I will speak with my garage when it comes to fitting and see which he wants me to do. He is very enthusiastic to make this car faster ( i know more £££s for him )

But i actually cant find a single garage who would like to fit and performence parts around my area without asking me "why the **** do you want to do that, its stupid ! "

As soon as i posted that reply i figured it out haha... im such a tool.

I think loba will be my choice. I will speak with my garage when it comes to fitting and see which he wants me to do. He is very enthusiastic to make this car faster ( i know more £££s for him )

But i actually cant find a single garage who would like to fit and performence parts around my area without asking me "why the **** do you want to do that, its stupid ! "

Don't worry!...I've been there and done the tool thing myself....

There are plenty of good tuners dotted around the country,and my advice would be to pick one that's been recommended by people here,and then you know you'll get someone good,trustworthy and likely to know what they're doing.

Modifying a quality car is always a bit of a gamble in that you may lose value having done so,but you have to weight that against the extra enjoyment that you'll get from the car.

The ones who say it's stupid are the ones who don't know what they're talking about.

If you're anywhere near the southeast,I'd recommend my guys,but otherwise,take a good look around the forum,and see who's good locally.

Don't worry!...I've been there and done the tool thing myself....

There are plenty of good tuners dotted around the country,and my advice would be to pick one that's been recommended by people here,and then you know you'll get someone good,trustworthy and likely to know what they're doing.

Modifying a quality car is always a bit of a gamble in that you may lose value having done so,but you have to weight that against the extra enjoyment that you'll get from the car.

The ones who say it's stupid are the ones who don't know what they're talking about.

If you're anywhere near the southeast,I'd recommend my guys,but otherwise,take a good look around the forum,and see who's good locally.

Cheers alex.

So far i like the look of revo and awesome GTI :)

Value doesnt bother me in the slightest. The car was bought for pure enjoyment and with the intention of keeping for a while . Unless my bank balance shits itself and i can get a R35 GTR

Thanks alex for the advice ;)

Cheers alex.

So far i like the look of revo and awesome GTI :)

Value doesnt bother me in the slightest. The car was bought for pure enjoyment and with the intention of keeping for a while . Unless my bank balance shits itself and i can get a R35 GTR

Thanks alex for the advice ;)

No probs...Awesome are APR dealers if I remember.

Stunning looking S3, love the colour and what a spec!

In terms of tuning, Awesome are good for supplying some of the hardware but for mapping it could be worth getting in touch with Rick @ Unicorn (site sponsor on here) as he will do a custom map opposed to an off the shelf one. Based in Manchester too so not far from Awesome at all. However that being said a fair few people do run APR so it's really just personal preference.

Reactions: sheridan94 and S3Alex