Shell Optimax

DamoS3Q

Reaction score
How much difference does it actually make? I filled her up last night and it felt so much smoother and quicker through the gears.

Was this just in my head or it this true??

Damo

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif

I used shell optimax on my 1.8T before i got it mapped & it made a real noticable difference!

Even the missus used to comment the extra was worth it!

It does work, its good 4 the engine 2. Stop it from struggling b'coz of the higher octane amount.

Try the BP Ultimate, i've tried that on several occassions, its the same octane and its noticable 2.

I use it too & reckon I get about half-a-mile-per gallon extra when using it compared to other fuels.

It's not much and I have no idea if it's worth it on a Pence Per Mile comparison, but like someone else has pointed out it is also supposed to be good for the engine.

Next time you're in Germany look out for Shell V-Power, it is 100 RON and is sulphur free. However, don't confuse it with V-Power in Holland which is only 95 RON.

i was a religious user of optimax for 6 months, but noticed no real difference. I then switched to BP Ultimate and noticed a difference straight away..am getting about mid 40's mpg!