Shell Nitro

JD09

I'm not modding, I'm improving
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Few threads on this in other sections. Have any of the 8L lot tried this yet? Can't see a reason to, in my opinion, as it's 99RON... so the same as Tesco Momentum...?!

What is Shell V-Power Nitro+? - United Kingdom

"Shell V-Power Nitro+, Shell's latest generation of Unleaded and Diesel performance fuels. Designed to start working the instant they hit your engine on deposits that can reduce the performance of your car."

Used it at the weekend as I usually fill up with vpower anyways, much prefer it over other fuels including tesco momentum because of its cleaning properties etc.

I was on a dyno on Saturday and the car made 273 bhp, on rtechs dyno the car made 265bhp and the only change being the fuel but the difference I'm sure is simple dyno lottery!

Supposedly it is better for knock control as a GTR that was running did some mapping and it was the best he'd ever seen for the car...

Oh and just because two fuels have the same Ron doesn't mean they will work exactly the same, there was some interesting conversation about vpower vs momentum on Saturday and although i wasn't paying to much attention vpower does have added ingredients that momentum lacks.

I used half a tank of it on saturday. Didnt notice any difference. Probably just another marketing scheme shell likes to do from time to time

On my third tank now and haven't felt any difference tbh.

I've copied and pasted the marketing ploy around this new Shell V Power Nitro +.... I've highlighted the main points I think that are valid.

Developed with Scuderia Ferrari, this new formulation is designed to instantly get to work in your engine on deposits which can reduce performance. We have also increased the friction modifier content by 25%*. The friction modifier is designed to reduce friction in critical engine areas, helping to deliver more power to the wheels. Put simply, this is Ferrari's choice for improved performance.

I've tried it, see no difference. Dyno will tell!

Why you so lady like.

But yeah I thought it made a slight difference

Cos its monday and I have to b1tch about something.

Im suprised you noticed any change. then again I oly topped up 30 quid to bring it to half tank so I guess it wasnt pure nitros fuel.

Eitherway Tesco super is better and cheaper!

It's all just a placebo.... You want it to be better and make a difference.... But the truth is it does absolutely **** all different to the VPower....:icon_thumright:

I usually run V-Power but I wasn't near a shell at the weekend and put some 95 RON BP stuff through, about 3/4 of a tank so far.

I haven't noticed any difference ... however I'm sure the inside of my engine has instantly clagged up with shît and it about to explode though :racer:

Filled up with it before I headed to London. Not felt a difference at all.

I usually run V-Power on my 1.8T AUM (standard map) but filled up with this. Not noticed any difference in performance or MPG yet but is still early.

The only minor thing was no hesitation on first pull away from cold start but that could also be the warmer weather today....

John.

Im unsure to be honest... i put £30 in last night and now it seems to cost even more... 8p more than stock shell fuel.
Im guessing they want you to believe it will save your engine and make more power to put the blinkers on about the price.

I've been having a few discussions with some close mates of mine since the release last week and they've found that there getting an increase in mpg.

With the first 3 tanks I've been through I didn't notice any difference, but I was only completing shortish journeys.

Drove a 150 mile round trip last night and I definitely saw my mpg in the high 30s compared to early 30s for the majority of the motorway driving.

I was on for a 400+ mile tank - which I've never managed in 4 years of ownership!

Interesting feedback guys. Some I'm not surprised, but the longer journey is of interest. Will be heading up to Silverstone Classics, as well as a few NW home/Lake District trips, so may fill up for these longer journeys.

So many short trips these days it just isn't worth the extra MPG or £££ for me. Average of 21mpg :(

So many short trips these days it just isn't worth the extra MPG or £££ for me. Average of 21mpg :(
this is prob the case for most people.
I used to be putting v-power in the ST but with living in the city now i dont even bother, either way the economy is bad, and there is nowhere to use the power at all.
long journeys or epic drives bang in the good stuff. short, dont bother

this is prob the case for most people.
I used to be putting v-power in the ST but with living in the city now i dont even bother, either way the economy is bad, and there is nowhere to use the power at all.
long journeys or epic drives bang in the good stuff. short, dont bother

The City as in London fella?

maybe worth the extra friction reducing additives though on short cold trips

Fair point, Alex. Hadn't had that thought...