shell needed plz help

the jammy one

Reaction score
hi recently due to some total prat my misses car has being wrote off i bought it back frm the insurence but the damage is definatly not worth trying to fix i realy fancy rebuilding but am after a new shell i.e someone who is breaking there car as the shells normaly get scraped iknow its a long shot but its worth a try the car has major side damage so would be after a frount or rear damaged or not damaged at ll as it wuld be easier to fix basicly no jig work im after a a4 cab so if anyone has an ideas or knows of anyone please help as i realy fancy the project and will save myself afew pennys having to get a new car :) many thanks iknow its a big project but ive reshelld my old ek9 type r and my mates xr3 so i have the skils lol

your better off trying the breakers
what did the insurance company class it as

a write off.......................

well yeah i know that
but theres D C etc
the last 2 rag tops iv got damaged were clased parts only not back on the road
might be worth him checking as it would be a fukker if he did the reshell and couldnt use it
a lot of cabs with heavy side damage seem to be parts only

lol, I know, was just having a monday morning smirk

im glad you said that cos i thought ut was sunday again

lmfao yeah know that feeling, last week everyday felt like saturday, pity it wasnt.

parts only yes thats why i thought if i get another chassie that was either a cated one or not recorded i could just fix that one useing my parts.
breakers yards are telling me that there not able to sell shells as they have to scrap once dismanteled.
im realy stressing with this as ive advertised parts and noone bought any and thought it would be easer to reshell but now am sat on aload of parts and none to buy or a car to put them on lol.

parts only yes thats why i thought if i get another chassie that was either a cated one or not recorded i could just fix that one useing my parts.
breakers yards are telling me that there not able to sell shells as they have to scrap once dismanteled.
im realy stressing with this as ive advertised parts and noone bought any and thought it would be easer to reshell but now am sat on aload of parts and none to buy or a car to put them on lol.

you may have probs
a scrappy wont sell a shell with tags !
if you get a shell with no ID then you have to get DVLA to rereg it and thats a no no

a good few year ago they would Q plate not anymore tho

whats the details of the car you have got
year miles etcetc

id try looking overseas mate ie france or some where close by prob have more luck as there rulles are not the same for selling them on as we have here

iknow they wont sell one with tags thats my problem begging to wish i never bought itback now lol ive searched ebay but no joy its a nightmare i could do with finding a priveate breaker. its a 2004 1.8 turbo convertable with 55k on the clock. if anyone heres of out please let me know as ive tried selling the parts over and over and i isnt happening ive hit a brick wall now i cant get a shell lol bring back the q plate haha

hi recently due to some total prat my misses car has being wrote off i bought it back frm the insurence but the damage is definatly not worth trying to fix i realy fancy rebuilding but am after a new shell i.e someone who is breaking there car as the shells normaly get scraped iknow its a long shot but its worth a try the car has major side damage so would be after a frount or rear damaged or not damaged at ll as it wuld be easier to fix basicly no jig work im after a a4 cab so if anyone has an ideas or knows of anyone please help as i realy fancy the project and will save myself afew pennys having to get a new car :) many thanks iknow its a big project but ive reshelld my old ek9 type r and my mates xr3 so i have the skils lol

2001 AUDI A4 spares or repair - swap -px on eBay (end time 12-Jan-11 20:27:09 GMT)

yes good buy that but need cabby lol might have to try listing parts again if i dnt find one soon damb insurence companys dvla and the whole cat b thing lol.

rght ive found a bodyshell but they wont sell with details as its to be distroyed so im realy stuck couldnt i just rebuild in that and have a vic tet and issued new numbers ect??

No.

Your current shell is registered as a Cat B, which means the monocoque cannot be used on the road again, ever. Its VIN number/ID is in effect scrap.

The reason for this is simple, the VIN/ID belongs to the SHELL. So if you buy another shell, you cannot transfer your existing VIN onto it, as that would be called Ringing and is illegal.

Your only options would be to find another shell which hasnt been written off, (or is a cat C or D) and use its ID/VIN/Registration, transferring whatever parts from your car as required.

Or break your car for parts.

thats what thoughtto be hounest iknow i cant transfer id lol the shell is a clean undamaged shell but from a breakers yard so doesnt come wth documents what i mean is if i use my parts to build this wll i not be able to reaply for logbook ect for this cars id? as if its undamaged surely it can be rebuilt but ting is dismantlers told me that it comes with no id?

You said "ive found a bodyshell but they wont sell with details as its to be distroyed"

This means the new shell is probably a cat A or cat B, and as such just like your existing car also does not have a valid usable ID.

If you were to rebuild everything into that shell, when you tried to register it with the DVLA you'd be told the new VIN is not allowed back on the road as its a parts-only write off, just like your current car.

no they wont allow it
they used to do that then issue you with a Q plate
you need the shell with vin and v5

right im with you now thats what i was wondering if thed issue new vin ect after a test but now youve said no back to the drawing board lol anyone need parts haha

bez still cant find anyone to fit the coloured to my b6 are you still intrested in it if so give me a pm with an offer as there just sat there now am realy gutted just another downer to the new year not got offgood realy lol

what parts do you have? What engine is it?

Surely you can make a fair bit if your part the car out and list everything on here and on ebay etc?

id say the car is worth more in parts any way that goes for most cars that are not smashed as well

i would but it cost me £60 listing it all on ebay and a didnt sell anything dont think its the right time of year to sell things to be hounest wish it was though as like you say its worth good money in pars anyone wanna buy the lot and sell it sort out a good price they already taken off lol o an ive listed on piston head but nothing there either surley people smashed there cabbys in all the snow lol

why did you buy it back? didnt you research this and these problems your having finding a shell?

i was just think iv not seen a pic of your new car a4 nut is there any on here yet

i was just think iv not seen a pic of your new car a4 nut is there any on here yet

Not yet Si just rebuilt a 2.5 tdi avant no real mods on this one, looking for the right car to come along and then all hell breaks loose

car is mostly in bits now as ive began stripping will try get some pics when i get chance why would you wanna see pics of the damage if you dont mind me asking as to be fair none of us can decide whever it should of being written off or not so i dont need people telling me it wasnt all to bad as it will just p**s me off as a friend of mines boss jigged an rs4 avant in a lot worse a state only thing was it wasnt catted just how it goes. reason i bought bak was because i was going to break it but nothing sold after listing it all on ebay so thought abought reshelling or fixing a cat d or c with my parts as save havening them sat doing nothing. what year a4 avant have you got ive a 2002 b6 2.5 tdi but facelifted to the big mouth starting to regreet now as ive seen a couple of realy smart ones on here. reason i ask is was you said just rebuilt what was up with it?? i ended up rebuilding top end as cams where knackered part from that though its bin a good car.

what year a4 avant have you got ive a 2002 b6 2.5 tdi but facelifted to the big mouth starting to regreet now as ive seen a couple of realy smart ones on here. reason i ask is was you said just rebuilt what was up with it?? i ended up rebuilding top end as cams where knackered part from that though its bin a good car.
Mines a 2002 2.5 tdi avant ive totally rebuilt the top end everything done,im happy with the car a little thirsty for a diesel thou!

yes thats what i had to do i bought the car and 3 months down the line it just gave up but since fixing its being ace mines very thirsty to but id say before i fixed it it wasnt as bad it might just be my imagination playing tricks though lol. ive noticed there amazing ly good for long distnaces drive the fuel lasts forever.

I bought the car with the problem its a blue se with full electric pack and leather it has 140000 on the clock and the total it stands me for is £2500 so happy days but selling it soon to make room for my next project.

must be the blue ones mines the denim blue lol. damb thats cheap i bought mine for 3500 with half leather full electrics where did you find yours for so cheap thats a bargain. whats the project if you dont mind telling or is it secrect for time being?? hope you post a full build tread for it i love reading the writeups on here i shouldof done one with mine ill ust have to take a load of pics once ive finoshed it as gota get it painted and sort afew snags

I paid £1500 for the car mint with full audi service history and 4 brand new bridgestone pozzenza tyres on only bad thing was the engine mines denim blue aswell my next project will be either a 1.8t cab or an s4 cab but im warming to a 1.8t better power to £ ratio