Shell "Lucky Pump Day"

Svenedin

Reaction score
On my way home today I filled up at Shell on the A3 Northbound at Liphook, Hampshire. The attendant started filling with the requested V-power petrol and then told me I had won "Lucky Pump Day". £30 of fuel vouchers. Bonus!

IMG 1672
IMG 1673

Reactions: THQuattro, Jake 61, Nilz and 4 others
lucky you, it takes many months of shell loyalty card membership and driving to reach the £30 voucher mark.

I had a double points on fill up but no vouchers, good on you

Well done, great result and always good to get something back :)

Cheers.....I think the pump attendant liked my car, maybe it wasn't completely random :yes:

Petrol pump attendant? We have to do our own!!

"The attendant started filling with the requested V-power"
i can't recall the last place i went that wasn't self-serv.

"The attendant started filling with the requested V-power"
i can't recall the last place i went that wasn't self-serv.

Shell have attendants at several locations that I use. I don't know whether it's a UK wide thing. There is usually only one attendant per filling station so if it's busy it's still mainly self-service.

Last edited:
What's with the cashier's small talk in every shell station?

What's with the cashier's small talk in every shell station?

Yes I've noticed that. "How is your day today?" etc etc. Rather nauseating. I bet they wouldn't want my honest answer......

Reactions: DieselJake and saq85
Think they must be getting mystery customers now or something, I get a few people giving me their life story, I used to talk a bit when I worked in a shop (and was asked to do this) but then I realized it was a load of rubbish and half the people didn't want a conversation anyway, just some "customer retention" rubbish which doesn't really work as half the people would rather not talk and pay at the pump (which Shell doesn't seem to be doing very well by the way; why do they want me to scan a code instead of a card!? and why only do this at certain stations?).

Reactions: saq85
Or maybe they are trying to up their game, alot of companies are trying to "engage with customers"
cant say im a fan when im trying to remember my company car milage + PIN :s

Reactions: DieselJake
I think it's a fine line between being courteous and polite and just appearing annoying and false when serving customers.

Reactions: saq85 and DieselJake