shakey's S1

shakey_hand_man

Reaction score
Hi All,

Thought I better post up about my S1. Had the car since September. Have to be honest didn't fall in love with it at first drive, but it's growing on me more.. I came from a 400bhp Clio RS200 (if you google it there's a fair bit on youtube)..

11154798_1112090902151164_1514736885971194829_o.jpg

Performance was relatively pedestrian when I picked the car up. I'm now running revo stage 1 software (installed at JKM Performance -Revo Portsmouth dealer).

Current performance as follows:
30-50 1.4s
50-70 2.1s
0-60 4.7 (not aggressive on start)
1/4mile 13.2s at 90.3mph

Had it dyno'd the other week -I was running Texaco High Octane (97ron) so there is a bit more in there with some proper fuel.
11174258_1107486212611633_8324068068443108758_o.jpg

-Andy

Reactions: daydotz, voorhees, PastS1Owner and 1 other person
Very impressive.

How long have you been running the REVO for? Looking at getting mine done when it arrives later on in the year but have heard about clutches slipping? have you had any issues?

I've got about 5.5k on the revo map now.. No clutch slip.

Reactions: PastS1Owner
Now running the Revo intake pipe and filter. Very impressed easily 5hp gain, pulls a lot stronger especially at higher rpm...
6feb9c492de72fe434454f2878702f87.jpg
1e86f6c22c9817aa2f3ebebe216445da.jpg

Andy

See you went with a jubilee clip instead of the oem clip!!!!

Always like to tell it how it is.. Car will be going in for uprated Sachs clutch shortly. After a fair few aggressive starts now started to get slip on launching. The OEM clutch seems to recover well and holds all the torque once it's cool. But will be nice to get something fitted with a bit more safety margin.

Reactions: josedebardi
Are you going for the non-sintered version? Please let us know how it feels compared to the OEM clutch :)

I was in process of ordering a Wagner Intercooler for my S1 and Wagner Germany said the S1 version will be out in 2-3 months. The A1 intercooler is slightly different so I decided to hold off on ordering.
Interesting to know as when I asked via the UK site I was told this was the correct one -hmm...

Sachs uprated cover and plate now installed.. Pedal feels approximately 30-40% heavier but not ridiculous for traffic/parking etc.

Thanks for letting us know :) What kind of damage did the clutch + installation do to your wallet if I may ask?

Interesting to know as when I asked via the UK site I was told this was the correct one -hmm...

I received more clarification on this yesterday. The redesign for the S1 is to make it bit bigger than the one they have for the A1.

Can you post a link to which clutch you had installed?

Sachs uprated cover and plate now installed.. Pedal feels approximately 30-40% heavier but not ridiculous for traffic/parking etc.
Its good to hear reports on this clutch just in case. My old Clio 197 had a heavy clutch pedal so I'm used to it.

Been a while and not much has happened.. Picked up a Revo SPS for the S1 earlier.. Allows switching between three map settings. I'm driving circa 1200miles next month (some in the highlands) so wanted this to switch to standard map if high octane fuel isn't available.

How are you finding the new clutch? Is it a bit lighter now after some use, or have you just got used to it?

Nice :) I only want to do two things to my car. Tune it (DTUK probably), and upgrade the clutch. Finding it a bit difficult to pull the trigger since I've never modded any of my previous cars.

Would love to get a passenger ride in a remapped S1 to see how much better it is. Keep us updated :)

Reactions: Ben Mitchell
Nice :) I only want to do two things to my car. Tune it (DTUK probably), and upgrade the clutch. Finding it a bit difficult to pull the trigger since I've never modded any of my previous cars.

Would love to get a passenger ride in a remapped S1 to see how much better it is. Keep us updated :)

Where you based?

Shame I'm never over that way.. Have an ask round I'm sure someone has probably got a mapped one in that area.

Been a while and not much has happened.. Picked up a Revo SPS for the S1 earlier.. Allows switching between three map settings. I'm driving circa 1200miles next month (some in the highlands) so wanted this to switch to standard map if high octane fuel isn't available.

I got the SPS the same time as my tune and it came in handy in Italy where I couldn't find anything higher than Super. Had to switch back to Stock mode for the Week I was down there.

I've got an intercooler already. I wouldn't fit a forge one due to price and quality

I think Forge is good quality, I had a couple of their bits in my old Juke

I think for the price there are better product s to be had.. Pro alloy stuff for example

If they can custom make to order an intercooler for the S1 thats cheaper than Forge then thats quite impressive. I remember Pro Alloy stuff being really expensive in the past.

If they can custom make to order an intercooler for the S1 thats cheaper than Forge then thats quite impressive. I remember Pro Alloy stuff being really expensive in the past.
The last custom I had was under 600 but that was a few years ago. The core size is never going to be massive so that will keep price down. I'm interested to see gains with the Wagner one.

IIRC years ago, a magazine did a test with a Ford Cosworth, don't know which type, but with a Forge uprated intercooler it put out less power than with the standard intercooler fitted. So with that, i've not been a fan of Forge stuff either. TBF, they may have moved on a bit though.