Sexy Brunette

Reaction score
Hey People

I'm just about to buy an Audi A4 1.8T Auto Convertible for the summer but before i do i need some information on some parts i want to buy for it.

1. I'm going to buy 19" RS6 replica Alloy Wheels but i don't want them to rub so what offset and tires do i get?

2. Where can i buy some chrome S4 wing mirrors from?

3. If my car doesn't come with Xenon's can i just buy some and pop them in?

Thanks in advance:thumbsup:

P.S: ive added some pics below of how i want my Audi to look.

media.jpg

media2.jpg

media3.jpg

nice motor, i just got 1, in blue,
i went for 18" r8 rep wheels, (from the good old ebay) they look cool and dont rub at all, theres a pic on the pix of your motor bit on here.
my xenons where just a bulb replacment from the abov mentiond, and there cool as well.

ok now then, the off ste for your motor is 38-45, but theres allways spacers, and the pdc is 112, well thats whats on my motor anyhow

nice motor, i just got 1, in blue,
i went for 18" r8 rep wheels, (from the good old ebay) they look cool and dont rub at all, theres a pic on the pix of your motor bit on here.
my xenons where just a bulb replacment from the abov mentiond, and there cool as well.
No this ain't my car this is how i want my car to look after ive put my wheels on it. So all i need are Xenon bulbs and ive got Xenons?

ok now then, the off ste for your motor is 38-45, but theres allways spacers, and the pdc is 112, well thats whats on my motor anyhow
I'm still Confused.com about what offset to get? What would i need spacers for?

19" RS6 with an offset of 42 will cause no rubbing, thats what i'm running on mine. Some people put spacers on so it sits nearer to the arch, if you want that look try an offset of 35-38
Tyre size you want is 235 35 19 or 225 35 19 if you want the stretched look of the tyre on the rim, i run 235 35 19 on mine.
The S4 Chrome Mirrors i got some replica ones off ebay for £29, look good and just stick over your originals.
The Xenon/HID lights, is a different matter, i bought 2, 8K hid kits for mine, the headlight set from HID'd direct cost about £60, and a cheap set from singapore for £30 delivered for my lower fog lights, i didn't like the yellow halogeon glow. You might want to replace your sidelights with led ones as well, it makes the front look miles better at night, if you want to see a pic let me know. Hope this helps

8K HID Lights? Wow you may as well not bother as you hardly get any light on the road they are so blue? By comparison OEM is 4300 Kelvin.

For 19" I would go with ET35 8J to avoid any problems and no need for spacers.

Oh and none came with sLine badges on the front grille nor the rear of the car ;-)

get 6k hid kits, ice white with a tinge of blue, not too much,, looks awsome!!!!
heres my 6k 's
lucypics060.jpg

mine came with s line badges, front and rear, and was part of he original order on the car.

Everyones different, i'm not a fan of 4300k look too yellow for me, so i went for the 8k, light output has never been an issue, and i like the look

i have 6k and love them as it dose have a small hint of blue but gives it a good look imo i put the chrome door mirrors on mine but and do not mean to affend any one that has them but i did not like the stick on ones as you can see the old one under it so got the ones that replace the hole case you can pick them up on ebay you do pay a bit more but worth it i think

19" RS6 with an offset of 42 will cause no rubbing, thats what i'm running on mine.
Can you upload some pics because i would love to see what your car looks like?

if you want the stretched look of the tyre on the rim,
Where can i see what these look like because i don't think ive ever seen that style before?

The S4 Chrome Mirrors i got some replica ones off ebay for £29, look good and just stick over your originals.
Can you possibly give me a link to the ebay page where you got them from?

The Xenon/HID lights, is a different matter, i bought 2, 8K hid kits for mine, the headlight set from HID'd direct cost about £60, and a cheap set from singapore for £30 delivered for my lower fog lights, i didn't like the yellow halogeon glow. You might want to replace your sidelights with led ones as well, it makes the front look miles better at night, if you want to see a pic let me know. Hope this helps
Dude you rock thanks for all the helpful information i really appreciate it. Can you upload as many pics as possible so i can see everything you have done to your car?

i have 6k and love them as it dose have a small hint of blue but gives it a good look imo i put the chrome door mirrors on mine but and do not mean to affend any one that has them but i did not like the stick on ones as you can see the old one under it so got the ones that replace the hole case you can pick them up on ebay you do pay a bit more but worth it i think
Can you upload a pic so i can see what they look like? Also do you have a link to the ebay page where you got them from?

not to bad 2 screws under them and bit of wiggling i took the glass out as well

S-Line cabs are different to the saloon/avants, take a look at the bumpers for a start: hence the differing badge specs.

HID's are pretty much a must have on this forum lol! Whilst they're still legal ;) I've got 6000k but will go to 4300k soon with a view to getting more light output.

I sprayed my mirrors Avus silver to match my (then) wheels. Cheap and effective. I was put off oem caps by people having theirs mirrors ripped off :(

S-Line cabs are different to the saloon/avants, take a look at the bumpers for a start: hence the differing badge specs.
Oh... thanks for the heads up.

HID's are pretty much a must have on this forum lol! Whilst they're still legal ;) I've got 6000k but will go to 4300k soon with a view to getting more light output.
What are HID's are they aftermarket Xenons or are they OEM?

I sprayed my mirrors Avus silver to match my (then) wheels. Cheap and effective. I was put off oem caps by people having theirs mirrors ripped off :(

Yes ive heard about this but luckily ive got secured underground parking so as long as im careful where i park when im out and about hopefully i can avoid the thiefs.

Last edited:
Heres a few pics taken this afternoon of the wheels and s4 mirrors, i'll get a night pic to show the lights off in a min

2011-03-26170243.jpg

2011-03-26170300.jpg

2011-03-26170405.jpg

Car looks nice Pabs! First S-Line I've seen on a 53 plate.

HID's are High Intensity Discharge (gas) bulbs which come in an H7 fitment to fit in A4 headlights. Aftermarket xenon's if you like.

Battery on my camera is dead but heres a phone pic, i would also recommend doing the led number plate lights as well,

2011-03-26170347.jpg

2011-03-26213001.jpg

Cheers quattrojames its one of the first s-line 190's, 53 plate but 2004 registered, first pics showing my recent attempt of vinyl wrapping the chrome grills, didn't want to spray them black just incase i changed my mind..

Battery on my camera is dead but heres a phone pic, i would also recommend doing the led number plate lights as well,
Nice pics the lights look really cool. Yeah im definitely going to do the number plate lights too. Can you give me the link to where you bought your 19" alloys from?

Got this set off ebay, it was a lucky find as i got 5 wheels with brand new tyres for £550, i always like to have a full size spare, these are replica 19's with genuine centre caps. There are normally plenty on ebay some brand new with tyres, some without and some in need off tlc but could be worth it if you know a good refurb company

your sidelights, if your putting xenons or getting a hid kit then definately change your sidelights for led, mine are only 4 led but will be changing them to either 9 or 15 led sidelights, i think quattrojames might have them, heres a pic of some 4 led sidelights, these are cheap ones of ebay i got 10 for 99p delivered.
DSC00574.jpg

I've seen LED rears for the B7, but never the B6. Worth a look on Audizine, or TMTuning.com.

For the LED front sidelights I'd recommend Ultraleds.co.uk from personal experience, search for "501 Tower".

Why didn't I see this thread?!

If you need any other pics etc I have quite a few as I have a similar car lol!

Pabs, that's a really nice car!!!! Shows how well the B6 has aged, doesn't look old at all. Excellent styling choices too, it just works very well.

Black Rhino, let us know how you get on. We all love pics of cars :)

Here's a few - my wheels are changing as I've just bought some Bentley's to go on!

DSC_0745.jpg

DSC_1672.jpg

DSC_0090.jpg

PICT1543.jpg

SNC00597.jpg

DSC_0285.jpg

DSC_0957.jpg

DSC_1263.jpg