Help Please Several fault codes (b8 s4)

rizzini7

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi, I’ve been getting a few fault codes pop up over the last couple of weeks: so far only been able to scan and clear with carista

Central electronics:
01592 - Air Quality Sensor (G238)

Heater & air conditioning:
00457 - Control Module for Network (J519)

Steering wheel:
01316 - ABS Control Module

Parking brake:

ABS:
00285 - Right Front Wheel Speed Sensor (G45)
01324 - Control Module for All Wheel Drive (J492)

Engine:

Suspension:
00775 - Level Control System Sensor - Right Rear (G77)
03262 - Comfort Limitation
03155 - Function Limitation because of Initialisation

Adaptive cruise control:
01314 - Engine Control Module (ECM)

Also came up sports diff malfunction. Haven’t had time to get vagcom out and check yet as my laptop has died and google doesn’t bring much recent help up

I assumed it might be the battery taking a hit in the cold weather as the battery level on mmi had been all over the place. But it’s at 90% today. Lowest was 20% last week.
Had this last week along with others:

CAN network gateway:
03041 - Energy Management Active

Inside the car also smells a little damp after I got snow in it last week. (Would this cause the air con fault?)

Anyone had any similar issues? Thanks in advance

I also seem to be filling the screenwash rather frequently

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Too many different and unrelated codes there to be an actual issue with a specific part of the car. Has to be a general electrical issue. Either bad battery as you suggest or bad earth somewhere. At least that is where I would start.

What is the battery voltage with the car off and with the engine running? Just connect a multi-meter across and take a reading. Will help diagnose the general health of the battery (engine off) and if the alternator is charging it sufficiently (engine running). Should be 12v with the engine off and 14.4v with the engine running.

Check it with the engine off first after it's been sat for a while (preferably overnight) so you can get a better gauge as to how the battery is really coping when left. As it might be getting really low and then the alternator charges it and brings it up a bit, then when left off it gets low again, etc, etc.

I'd agree with Mario - when "Energy Management Active" comes up it means that it is reacting to low voltage and so is putting things into a lower power mode to save energy, and this can have consequences.

That Carista tool is certainly of limited value for diagnostics isn't it?

Yes, I don’t find carista overly useful for diagnostics. When typing most of the codes in online the results are a lot older models or different brand. Mind you I only got it for the ease of doing the mods without having to get the laptop out. Luckily I got it when it was lifetime membership.

Haven’t checked apple store to see if there’s any other decent iOS apps??

Will try and get our electrician at work to have a look at the battery next week. I’m assuming it’s probably the original. I’ve had the car 2yrs. Plus it’s only 5 miles to work. When I checked mmi this morning seemed to have dropped by 20% overnight (I know it’s not the most reliable measure)

Cheers guys

Just got round my mate looking at the car,
He’s fitting a new battery as it isn’t holding charge and 3 out of the 4 level sensor are ********. 1 broke 2 bent . £107+vat each

@rizzini7 do you have the part number for the level sensor, my left rear one is gone?

Also is it quite easy to fit it yourself? Let me know if you have any photos.

Thanks

@rizzini7 do you have the part number for the level sensor, my left rear one is gone?

Also is it quite easy to fit it yourself? Let me know if you have any photos.

Thanks

No sorry mate, luckily my mate has managed to repair them for now. There’s some reasonably priced ones from Germany on eBay . I think by all accounts they’re quite easy to do

iv got the same issue with rear speed sensor on the right, has your steering gone really heavy? i have same fault with "01316" code