Settings and sound with Bose Sound System

Woohooo

Reaction score
I think that my Bose system doesn't perform like it should.

When i check the user manual it shows settings of subwoofer level, witch I don't seems to have.

What do your settings look like and how do you think the system sounds?

Mine sounded nothing special until went into settings and turned the bass and treble up a bit. The radio never seems to be able to be turned up too loud before it goes crackly, but on a cd or song played through a media device the sound is spot on no matter how loud you turn it up. I wouldn't say it's with the £690 option tho

Mine sounded nothing special until went into settings and turned the bass and treble up a bit. The radio never seems to be able to be turned up too loud before it goes crackly, but on a cd or song played through a media device the sound is spot on no matter how loud you turn it up. I wouldn't say it's with the £690 option tho

But you only have settings for bass and treble, none for subwoofer?

I love the bose system no problems at all but as with all audi options redicously overpriced. I think I adjusted the treble on mine will have a look at my settings menu on my car and get back to you.
Like the bose system, Quattro pack, red bits in the headlamps cheap tacky stickers and a spoiler which sticks up a bit £1275, I must have been mad.

The Bose is a bit disappointing (especially compared to the B&O I came from in the SQ5). There is no Sub setting, just Treble and Bass, I have them both turn up to ~65% (if you take 50% is the default).

It sounds OK, I exclusively listen to high bitrate MP3 streamed via bluetooth - the system lacks in clarity, separation and a bit of bottom end but it's not horrendous and is certainly better than the standard stereo. If I had an A1/S1 again I'd probably go standard and spend the £700 on upgrading it with aftermarket options (though I would miss the LED speaker lights!).