Setting up kerb view on folding mirrors

BeagleKCH

Reaction score
I have the 6XE folding mirrors which includes a kerb view function in reverse. Sometimes (in fact only a few times) it has appeared to work, but most of the time if I set it to suit the view reversing, it fails to go back to the normal position. The instructions in the manual are not very good.

"Tilt function* for front passenger s exterior mirror.
The mirror is tilted slightly to provide a better view of the kerb when parking backwards. This feature only works when the knob is in the position for adjusting the front passenger s mirror.
You can adjust the tilted mirror surface by moving the knob in the desired direction. This new position is automatically stored and assigned to the remote control key when you take the car out of reverse.
The mirror returns to its original position as soon as you drive forwards at over 15 km/h or switch off the ignition."

If anyone has got this working, could they please share a step by step set-up guide? I know that the function only works when the mirrors controller is pointing towards the passenger mirror. What I don't know (and can't figure out - despite numerous attempts) is whether the car has to be in reverse when you set the tilting angle, whether you then have to go back to the centre position to save the function, or whether you need to get out of reverse to store it, or what you have to do. In short, how do you set it up?

Im glad you have asked this - I have only tried to set the mirrors up once but failed miserably in my attempt and marked it as something to return to!

Reactions: BeagleKCH
I have the 6XE folding mirrors which includes a kerb view function in reverse. Sometimes (in fact only a few times) it has appeared to work, but most of the time if I set it to suit the view reversing, it fails to go back to the normal position. The instructions in the manual are not very good.

"Tilt function* for front passenger s exterior mirror.
The mirror is tilted slightly to provide a better view of the kerb when parking backwards. This feature only works when the knob is in the position for adjusting the front passenger s mirror.
You can adjust the tilted mirror surface by moving the knob in the desired direction. This new position is automatically stored and assigned to the remote control key when you take the car out of reverse.
The mirror returns to its original position as soon as you drive forwards at over 15 km/h or switch off the ignition."

If anyone has got this working, could they please share a step by step set-up guide? I know that the function only works when the mirrors controller is pointing towards the passenger mirror. What I don't know (and can't figure out - despite numerous attempts) is whether the car has to be in reverse when you set the tilting angle, whether you then have to go back to the centre position to save the function, or whether you need to get out of reverse to store it, or what you have to do. In short, how do you set it up?
You have to set it up when car is in reverse.

If it's anything like the A3 dipping mirrors then the setup procedure should be:

1) set mirror selector to passenger side
2) select reverse
3) adjust mirror angle to suit

This will then store the mirror angle. To use it when reversing you need to make sure the selector is set to the passenger side again (it won't dip if it's set to the middle or drivers setting).

It should return to normal position after you've driven forwards above approx 10mph.

The A4 may be different (but I doubt it)

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Thanks gents. So, I set it up initially in reverse. Before I drive off, do I need to return the knob centrally to store it, or do I just drive off? Because as far as I know (and I've tried so many different methods I don't know which (if any) has worked), whatever I'm doing wrong, isn't getting the mirror to return to the pre-tilt position.

If it's anything like the A3 dipping mirrors then the setup procedure should be:

1) set mirror selector to passenger side
2) select reverse
3) adjust mirror angle to suit

This will then store the mirror angle. To use it when reversing you need to make sure the selector is set to the passenger side again (it won't dip if it's set to the middle or drivers setting).

It should return to normal position after you've driven forwards above approx 10mph.

The A4 may be different (but I doubt it)

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Same in the A4, works well for me when set up as above.

Thanks gents. So, I set it up initially in reverse. Before I drive off, do I need to return the knob centrally to store it, or do I just drive off? Because as far as I know (and I've tried so many different methods I don't know which (if any) has worked), whatever I'm doing wrong, isn't getting the mirror to return to the pre-tilt position.

It only returns when you go forwards, it may be speed related as it doesn't return as soon as you select forward as you may be going to use reverse again.

It should return back when you drive forward above 10mph or when you turn the mirror switch to middle or drivers side.

I setup the mirror for normal use, selected reverse and then readjusted for kerb view and left it set to passenger mirror.

I tried every which way today. I got it to work once and then when I tried to adjust the mirror settings slightly it gave up on me and reverted to its temperamental self. The passenger mirror often fails to respond to any adjustment in reverse. It seems to vary in its ability to move, depending on whether the brake or handbrake is applied. I will wait until i'm near a dealership and see if they can sort it. Thanks for the suggestions anyway.