1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

servotronic steering relay

yendall24 Jul 26, 2018

1. yendall24

yendall24 Member

Hi all I have an audi a6 2011 2.0tdi avant can anyone tell me where the servotronic relay is on this car . I have not owned the car long but the light floaty steering feeling is driving me mad , I believe the car can be returned to normal power steering by simply pulling out the relay , that is if I could find it many thanks

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. zit501

zit501 New Member

I'm not 100% if the 2011 is the same, but on my 2006 there is no relay. The servotronic solenoid on the rack is driven directly from the central electronics module. I know this because I had to repair some wiring to it to get my servotronic back. I can try check on wiring diagrams later for the 2011.

I'm not sure if the C6 A6 has it as an option, but I believe you may be able to code/adapt the amount of assistance the servotronic gives you.
    On my 2006, it's just a solenoid valve which either holds or dumps hydraulic pressure to the rack, thereby increasing or decreasing the assitance.

When my wiring to the valve was broken, I had no servotronic assistance. It was very heavy when in a parking lot. That was my first clue that there was something up with the servotronic, then I scanned and found a code on the central electronics module for an open circuit to the valve.

4. zit501

zit501 New Member