Servicing S4 B9

copterdoctor

Reaction score
Hi there, just a quick one reference servicing. Car has done 13500 miles and MMI is saying i need an oil change in 25 days/1300 miles, also its due an inspection in 172 days/5500 miles.
Was quoted by Audi £350 odd for the oil change, but loathed to pay out twice in 6 months for 2 seperate servicings...seems a bit steep.
Any advice/experiences please?

£350 for an oil change is daylight robbery.

If it’s a lease then I wouldn’t really bother too much

yeah its a PCP lease, and apparently its more than an oil change, its basically the interim service...why don't they call it that then!!
Thought the PCP lease had to be dealer serviced??

Pcp and lease are two different things. If it’s a pcp then personally I’d get it done but get it done else where cheaper. If it’s a lease pch then wouldn’t worry as I’m sure an oil change doesn’t go down as it being officially serviced

An inspection is just that remember, they wander around the car for 90 mins looking at stuff and if nothing needs doing that is it!

TX.

An inspection is just that remember, they wander around the car for 90 mins looking at stuff and if nothing needs doing that is it!

TX.

Is it?! I thought that the oil change was just that, but that the inspection was more of a minor service?

Modern servicing is a right rip off imho, it seems to be an oil change every 18k miles / 2 years and an inspection the same although each alternates. They really don't do any physical work for an inspection. Now and then something else is required eg for the RS3 plugs were every 19k and gearbox oil every 40k etc.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Pcp and lease are two different things. If it’s a pcp then personally I’d get it done but get it done else where cheaper. If it’s a lease pch then wouldn’t worry as I’m sure an oil change doesn’t go down as it being officially serviced
You risk a significant penalty at the end of a PCH if you haven't followed the servicing requirements. Most PCH leases also require it to be carried out at a proper dealer.

copterdoctor - suggest you refer to your paperwork to see what's required.

You risk a significant penalty at the end of a PCH if you haven't followed the servicing requirements. Most PCH leases also require it to be carried out at a proper dealer.

copterdoctor - suggest you refer to your paperwork to see what's required.

I was only informed that it’s due a service every 2 years, however I know people have got round this by backing the car slightly early to avoid stupidly high service costs from Audi.

I was only informed that it’s due a service every 2 years, however I know people have got round this by backing the car slightly early to avoid stupidly high service costs from Audi.
That's for "long life" servicing (factory default). If it's changed to 'annual servicing', then it'll be due a service sooner - every year or every 9000 miles.

The servicing interval will also change in the car depending on how it's driven. If it's driven harshly on lots of short trips, it'll ask for a service sooner and with lower mileage. If you drive more softly, with longer journeys, it'll go the full 2 years / 19k miles.

If it's a lease vehicle, you can always reset the service interval to delay it to suit the lease term...

Not that I'd countenance doing that, or indeed have ever done such a thing ;-)

However you cannot change from a flexible to a fixed service, a dealership would need to do this..

Re-surfacing an old thread to ask a connected question: my B9 S4 (PCH) is requesting an oil change in 14 days. The service is still a way off (7k/ 245 days), so my assumption is I can't link the two. How much 'overdue' can I run the oil service requirement? Must it be approx when I am told, or can it be up to 1 month/ 1,000miles over etc? Thanks for any insight

Re-surfacing an old thread to ask a connected question: my B9 S4 (PCH) is requesting an oil change in 14 days. The service is still a way off (7k/ 245 days), so my assumption is I can't link the two. How much 'overdue' can I run the oil service requirement? Must it be approx when I am told, or can it be up to 1 month/ 1,000miles over etc? Thanks for any insight
I was told a service can be performed up to 30 days after notification by my dealership. But if your car is saying you need to have a oil service then you should really get it done as the indication is not just based upon mileage.

Reactions: WesT-gefül
Worth looking at the service plan you can get on Audi UK's website too, less than £500 for an Oil Change and and Oil Change and Service for my S5, I was quote £350 just for the Oil Change as per the OP

Just do it in a reasonable (short) period, don't risk any warranty issue to be refused under those grounds.

Believe me I know what I'm talking about.

BTW, correct oil is part # G 052 577 M2 (LongLife IV SAE 0W-20)

Reactions: cuke2u

This is absolute nonsense and puts the OP at risk of charges at the end of the leasing agreement. If you're on a PCH/lease your agreement usually states that all servicing work needs to be done when it falls due. It's called oil SERVICE for a reason.

Get it booked in.

Reactions: WesT-gefül and cuke2u
Worth looking at the service plan you can get on Audi UK's website too, less than £500 for an Oil Change and and Oil Change and Service for my S5, I was quote £350 just for the Oil Change as per the OP
Thanks guys. Not thinking of 'not doing it', more about strategy in when to get it done so that I am looking at reducing services before it's handed back at the end of the year.
Looking at this link - https://www.audi.co.uk/owners-area/service-plan.html - it's saying that the Oil & first service is £594. Not sure if that is value for money, but appreciate the heads-up. Better get calling around to get the oil done. Thanks all!

Thanks guys. Not thinking of 'not doing it', more about strategy in when to get it done so that I am looking at reducing services before it's handed back at the end of the year.
Looking at this link - https://www.audi.co.uk/owners-area/service-plan.html - it's saying that the Oil & first service is £594. Not sure if that is value for money, but appreciate the heads-up. Better get calling around to get the oil done. Thanks all!

Just hand it back a couple of weeks early before the final service is due. Then it's their problem. Thats what Ive done with all of my previous lease cars.

Reactions: WesT-gefül and RB84
Just an update if anyone is interested.

Camberley quoted £337, but immediately offered a 10% discount when I asked for best price. They also suggested they would price match but garage needs to use official Audi parts, VAT registered and within 15 miles...
Slough & Reading are in essence the same chain and therefore quoted the same £357, but Slough suggested they would look to beat Camberley if I went to them.
Reading did offer the same 10% discount immediately once asked about best price also.
Got a couple more to call today and then get it booked in. £300 from Camberley (ow!) is looking like the best at the moment.
And all of them confirmed they do not do the Service Pack (1st Oil Service & 1st Full Service) for the S and RS models.

Hope that's useful info

And all of them confirmed they do not do the Service Pack (1st Oil Service & 1st Full Service) for the S and RS models.

@RB84 Check online on Audi UK's website. I bought a service pack for my 2017 S5 last week for under £500 which covers the first oil change and the next oil change and service.

ServicePlan

I should have also added, I was in the same boat as you which is why I bought the plan, it covers the oil change I am having done in a couple of months and the next service which they will likely do another oil change on...

@RB84 Check online on Audi UK's website. I bought a service pack for my 2017 S5 last week for under £500 which covers the first oil change and the next oil change and service.

View attachment 173938
Thanks bud, and I have tried. But I get told that 'Sorry, we have been unable to locate an Audi Service Plan for your vehicle. Please visit your local Audi Centre for suitable alternatives.'

Would love to do what you have done, but for whatever reason it's not letting me...

Thanks bud, and I have tried. But I get told that 'Sorry, we have been unable to locate an Audi Service Plan for your vehicle. Please visit your local Audi Centre for suitable alternatives.'

Would love to do what you have done, but for whatever reason it's not letting me...

How old is yours? Mines a 2017 S5 and this will be its first Oil Change...

How old is yours? Mines a 2017 S5 and this will be its first Oil Change...
67 plate, 11,900 miles, S4, delivered to me on 31st October 2017. And ditto - first oil change. Could potentially be that I don't have 18 months left on my contract for the car, but the payments for the plan is across 18 months. Is that right? I'd pay the lump sum to save the cash if I could!

67 plate, 11,900 miles, S4, delivered to me on 31st October 2017. And ditto - first oil change. Could potentially be that I don't have 18 months left on my contract for the car, but the payments for the plan is across 18 months. Is that right? I'd pay the lump sum to save the cash if I could!

Pretty similar then, mine's a 67 plate, just under 10K miles, was registered Sept 2017 but I got it Audi Approved last year with only 5K miles on it.

I wonder if its due to your mileage being over 10K? Try entering 9K and see what it says?

Pretty similar then, mine's a 67 plate, just under 10K miles, was registered Sept 2017 but I got it Audi Approved last year with only 5K miles on it.

I wonder if its due to your mileage being over 10K? Try entering 9K and see what it says?
I have done. Entered multiple mileages and none would let me pass... Good thinking, but I've hit a dead end here too. Maybe because yours is PCP/ owned outright? And mine only on PCH? Thanks for thinking it through

Very strange, I would contact Audi UK.. Worth a go if its saves you a couple of hundred notes

Very strange, I would contact Audi UK.. Worth a go if its saves you a couple of hundred notes
Sorry - this is turning something simple into a ****** saga! :) But called Audi UK. After much 'just going to place you on hold...' they come back and say 'call your local dealership for more information' (!!) HA ****** HA. So back at square one, and when I ask the dealers what do they tell me - no, we don't do the service packs on the S models...
Thanks for living in my shoes and if I find out any interesting details I'll post back :thumbs up:

These are the contact details from my service plan email if it helps???

mailing-info.png
Need help regarding this?
If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to us at AudiFinanceCustomerServices@vwfs.co.uk or telephone 0370 010 2007.
Yeah that's the team I called and spoke to. No matter. I will continue calling some garages further away and ask about the service plan at the same time! Thank you very much for trying everything for me - something must be possible somewhere

I know everyone must be waiting and desperate for my latest update. So here it is;

Lots of calling around. Initial quotes from Camberley, Guildford, Basingstoke all at £337. All offered immediate 10% price down to £303 when asked.
Slough & Reading are more expensive at £357, and again would do 10% off but that's it. They won't beat Camberley etc.
Amersham (pushing the boat out in terms of distance) is slightly less at £325 initial quote and then £292 with 10% off.
And finally, testing a lead on a good price I called Bedford. They mentioned they would do £303 from the off and also gave me an Oil & First Inspection service (different from just the Oil Service my car is requesting right now) quote for £412 combined.
Camberley will do the same at £417 (which again is 10% down from their initial quote on their system).

So it looks like that might be the way to go. Combine both Oil & First Inspection together, hoping that the second oil service flags up past 22k miles which is my 2 year combined lease mileage.

Sorry for the blurb, but this is the sorta info that might help people save some cash :icon thumright: