Servicing question

fafa

Reaction score
So the car is going in for it's first service with me tomorrow, it's a 4 year service and I'm just wondering if there's anything I should watch out for them telling me I need replacing that's bs. I recall on another thread somebody being told the gearbox oil would need changing, but that the dealer was wrong because it was the ZF gearbox, which is sealed and doesn't need replacing.

They'll always try and get you for a set of brake pads and wiper blades if nothing else :)

Unless they're ********, don't bother!

They'll try and sting you for tyres too
It went in for an MOT too and it failed on one of the tyres, which I was kind of expecting. As it wasn't road legal they had me over a barrel really. They price matched Kwikfit and I did a quick call on my local tyre place for a PZero and they wanted 240+VAT per tyre!!!! I bought two off the dealer for 175 each (incl VAT and fitting) and they gave me the MOT for free because I was left waiting for 45 mins. I had a look at penus-online and they are 150 each for the same tyre but that's not fitted so I guess it's not too bad, but my other two are on 2mm so they'll need changing sooner rather than later.

They gave me an A5 1.8TFSI to drive whilst it was in... Nice ride but really noticed the missing poke of the BiTDI. I was tempted to lift the still in package rubber matts they had left in the boot but my honest side won through in the end. It was a full set of front/rear and boot liner.

So the car is going in for it's first service with me tomorrow, it's a 4 year service and I'm just wondering if there's anything I should watch out for them telling me I need replacing that's bs. I recall on another thread somebody being told the gearbox oil would need changing, but that the dealer was wrong because it was the ZF gearbox, which is sealed and doesn't need replacing.

You go on the ZF web site and they recommend oil and filter change @ around 60/80k, trouble is finding some one capable of doing it iaw ZF instructions co,s mines due v soon..........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk